The 2024 Student Pastry Chef of the Year is Open for Entries!
Now in its fourth year The Chefs’ Forum Student Pastry Competition of the Year 2024 is open for entries and welcomes applications from students and apprentices currently studying a hospitality and catering course or apprenticeship in the UK.
The competition showcases the great student and apprentice talent within the UK’s colleges, learning providers and universities. At the same time it also advertises the tremendous opportunities currently on offer in the pastry sector across the country and abroad.
To enter we require a CV, 3 photos of either plated desserts, cakes and/or decorative items and a description outlining why you wish to enter the competition (This could be presented as a short video or in writing).
The 12 top pastry chefs judging the final will be:
- Michael Kwan – Executive Pastry Chef at The Dorchester and UK Pastry Team
- Michael D’Angelo – Head Pastry Chef at Louie London
- Franciane Tartari – Executive Pastry Chef at 1 Hotels
- Enrico Carloni – Head Pastry Chef at The Peninsula
- Biju Joshwa – Executive Pastry Chef at Sheraton Grand Park Lane
- Nelson Sa – Executive Pastry Chef at South Place
- Thibault Hauchard – Executive Pastry Chef at Claridge’s
- Benoit Blin – Executive Pastry Chef at Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons/Bake Off: The Professionals Judge
- Ross Sneddon – Executive Pastry Chef at The Balmoral
- Bobby Singer – Executive Pastry Chef at Duck & Waffle and SushiSamba
- Daniel Pearse – Executive Pastry Chef at Rhubarb
- Mauro Di Lieto – The Landmark/Winner Bake Off: The Professionals 2023
Please note: This competition is open to all students and apprentices, regardless of age, currently enrolled on a culinary/hospitality and catering course or apprenticeship in the UK.
Franciane Tartari, lead judge said of this year’s winner: “This year we set a high bar for the students, and they really delivered. Kai Whittaker’s rum baba was a real demonstration of skill and showed why it is so important to study the craft of pastry. Every element of his dish was perfect, and he was a worthy winner in a strong field.”
Take look at this year’s final:
We look forward to seeing your name in lights as the competition progresses!
For more information and entry details please email firstname.lastname@example.org