Chocolate and Praline Pannacotta with Honeycomb and Poached Nectarines
Inspired from the return of lockdown. This dish consists of things that you have in your kitchen without having to buy ingredients just for this dish. Easy to make at home, this dish is one for restaurant menus to home dinner parties. With reopening from lockdown having a pannacotta on the menu means we can have enough set and ready to go and who doesn’t love chocolate and hazelnut. The honeycomb element give some texture to go with soft mousse and ice cream.
- 1litre cream
- 1 litre milk
- 100g praline paste
- 8 leaves gelatine
- 150g dark chocolate
- 75g Devon honey
- 150g glucose
- 140g caster sugar
- 20g bicarbonate of soda
- Nectarines, destoned and quartered.
- 300g caster sugar
- 300ml water
- 2 vanilla pods
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 star anaise
- Soak gelatine
- Boil cream, milk and praline paste.
- Add gelatine and pour onto chocolate.
- Pass through a sieve and pour into desired moulds and leave in fridge to set.
- Bring honey, glucose and sugar to 155.c
- Whisk in bicarbonate of soda and pour into a tray lined with baking parchment to cool and set.
- Bring sugar, vanilla and spices to the boil and reduce for 2 minutes until a syrup consistency.
- Add the nectarines and simmer for 5 minutes, remove from heat and leave to cool.