This is a great opportunity for a talented Sous Chef to join an amazing Head Chef. Working with the best local ingredients and suppliers, to create exciting modern British food. The successful candidate will be passionate about food, ambitious to progress their career and be an enthusiastic team member.
You’ll be working with high quality regional produce and suppliers, you will need to be able to help deliver menus that take advantage of this. Our restaurant and kitchen is busy, so you’ll also need to be able to handle large numbers and busy services.
We are a small independent company running three pubs in the West County. Our focus is on quality in all aspects of our business. We are looking for people who strive to achieve this in their work.
Salary & benefits:
- Total annual salary of £30000 (comprising £22k salary, bonus 3k plus tips c£5k)
- Opportunities to complete further NVQ Training available
- 28 Days Holiday
- On the job coaching and mentoring
Tasks and responsibilities
- Ensure the smooth running of all aspects of the kitchen operation whenever the Head Chef is absent.
- Ensure that all dishes are prepared and presented in accordance with the Head Chef’s directions.
- Assist with the development of an inspiring menu by bringing ideas to the kitchen for possible new dishes.
- Help develop junior members of staff by leading by example in all aspects of running service and the kitchen
- Minimise wastage through proper stock control and menu development
- Ensure that all EHO documentation is correctly recorded and collated
- Develop pricing levels for all dishes through consultation with the Head Chef and via accurate calculation of dish gross profit margins
- Ensure all delivery notes and invoices are processed correctly, and emails and other correspondence are dealt with professionally and promptly.
Skills and experience
- Proven experience working in a busy kitchen with a quality gastro pub food offering.
- A strong team ethic – able to develop, inspire and motivate a large brigade of chefs.
- Strong menu writing ability, sourcing suppliers and negotiating prices.
- Able to embrace & drive change as dictated by customer & business needs.
- Demonstrate high standards of professionalism & passion.
Checkout our twitter feeds @garrickshead & @tonycaseychef
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org