Holm is the fourth restaurant from the team behind successful London restaurants, Salon, Levan and Larry’s.
Holm is inspired by nature and our surroundings in the beautiful South West of England. We are driven by provenance, sustainability and warm hospitality. Our aim is serve delicious food and drink in a casual yet refined environment.
The Junior Sous Chef’s role is to support the Sous Chef and Head Chef in the day to day running of the kitchen. The Junior Sous will run services, oversee stock control and ordering, be a guardian of quality control in the kitchen, motivate their colleagues and fulfil the vision of the Directors whilst maintaining cost control and profits at all times.
The Junior Sous will generally run a section most likely hots/sauce, but will also have leadership responsibilities over the other CDPs, and will be responsible for guiding and mentoring other members of the kitchen team at all times.
Duties, Responsibilities and Requirements
- Support the Sous Chef & Head Chef in the day to day running of the kitchen.
- Run services in the Head Chef & Sous Chef’s absence.
- Maintain an exceptionally high standard of output from the kitchen.
- Oversee mise en place on other sections.
- Support in the development of and training of junior/new members of the team.
- Assist in stock management, ordering, storage, rotation.
- Maintain a safe and hygienic kitchen environment.
- Assist in stock takes and ordering.
- Input into dish costing and pricing.
- Manage waste reduction and profitability in the kitchen.
- Support the Head Chef & Sous Chef in supervision and guidance of the kitchen team.
- Develop the skills of other members of the kitchen team.
Food, Preparation and Service
- Support the Head Chef in maintaining overall quality of all kitchen output.
- Cook and serve food of the highest quality at all times.
- Seek out new ingredients and flavour combinations.
- Maintain the highest levels of cleanliness and order in the kitchen.
- Contribute to menu development by presenting new ideas on a regular basis.
- Create specials – correctly costed – to be submitted to Head Chef for sign off.
Health and Safety
- Maintain an exceptionally hygienic work space at all times.
- Exceptional understanding of all Health & Safety legislation.
- Experience working with strict Health & Hygiene regimes.
- Full understanding of food controls.
- Basic Food Hygiene Level 3
- Keep up to date with current food trends.
- Lead other members of staff, through tutoring and knowledge share.
- Be self-motivated and full of initiative.
- Be a team player who works collaboratively with the kitchen team.
- Demonstrate desire to continually improve the quality of output from the Holm Kitchen.
Successful candidates will receive the following benefits:
- Highly competitive salaries
- Sensible hours, accommodating of family and personal commitments
- 28 days holiday per year, increasingly annually
- 50% staff discount across all of our restaurants
- Annual bonuses
- Cost price wine (plus VAT)
- Training and mentorship
- Regular team building events
- The support of a progressive, forward thinking organisation