The City of London Club is the oldest Private Members Club in the City opening its doors in 1832. The clubhouse is full of history and tradition but with the opening of 20 new bedrooms, bar and garden terrace it is now a truly exceptional venue for our members and guests to enjoy. The Club boasts 2 restaurants that serve a varied selection of modern and classic dishes only using the very best of seasonal ingredients. We are looking for a talented, passionate chef with the motivation to succeed.
We have an exceptional working environment and offer excellent benefits to the successful candidate. The position is predominantly Monday to Friday with weekend and evening shifts on rotation.
- Membership of the Club Pension Scheme and Life Assurance Scheme after 3 months’ probationary period.
- 28 days paid annual holiday, including all statutory holidays
- Interest free season ticket loan after 3 months’ employment (if required)
- Yearly Bonus (at our Members’ discretion)
- Meals when on duty
- Laundered uniform
- Paid overtime
- Training and personal advancement
- Christmas off
- Good work home balance.
The ideal candidate with have:
- Previous experience in a similar role within a 4/5-star hotel/members club or similar environment.
- Capability to work well within a team environment and have confidence in working alone
- Passion and love of great food and British produce
- Strong communication skills
- Flexible and a can do attitude working varied shifts
- Hold a recognised qualification NVQ level 2/3