Exclusive Hotels and Venues is a family owned collection of six individual and characterful country house hotels and venues situated across the south of England. Offering every imaginable leisure, wedding, meeting and training requirement and more they are all situated in beautiful locations, surrounded by acres of stunning countryside and gardens.
Each has unique facilities including an award-winning spa, championship golf courses, state of the art conference facilities, Michelin starred restaurants, the finest fishing and shooting plus falconry, tennis, croquet and archery.
Reporting to the Executive Chef, the Head Chef is responsible and accountable for delivering exceptional guest focused dining experiences, as well as ensuring that all team members are fully trained and consistently achieve the luxury standards expected within our restaurants.
Our successful Head Chef will be responsible for;
- Assisting the team in the smooth, safe and efficient running of the kitchen operation.
- Creating and assisting in the production of suitable innovative menu designs for the relevant event or area of food service within the hotel
- Ensuring the quality of food and standards of presentation are of the exceptional levels expected when dining at the hotel
- Working with the Executive Chef, to coach and guide new members of the team, putting in place proper induction training and ongoing training and development for all
- Assisting with recruitment and selection of new team members
- Managing relationships with contractors and suppliers
- Fully understanding food GP margins and ensuring these are adhered to and achieved consistently, through close liaison with the Executive Chef
- Developing new menus and food items in line with the tastes and dining requirements of the hotel guests and visitors
- Working with the Executive Chef, to plan the yearly food revenue and profit targets to meet the required GP%
- Ensuring health, hygiene and safety is adhered to at all times and in accordance with our H&S policies
- Maintaining Food Safety knowledge and qualifications at a minimum of Level 3
- Maintaining the highest standards of food hygiene and HACCAP management and adherence with all food safety requirements in accordance with our Simply Safe management system
The Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate will have;
- A true passion for food!
- Strong kitchen background from within hotel or restaurant sector, preferably at a 5* and Rosette standard
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Commercially astute and financially aware
- Highly organised
- Proven record as a strong team leader
- Keen and enthusiastic attitude coupled with drive, energy and stamina
- Flexibility to work hours required by the business
- Commitment and mobility
- Innovation, creativity and attention to detail
Hospitality is all about people and Exclusive Hotels and Venues are committed to ensuring our people are happy and well rewarded so that in turn, they pass the positivity onto our guests. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits for successful candidates include;
• Competitive salary
• Complimentary meals whilst on duty
• Complimentary car parking
• Loyalty incentives
• Discounted room nights across all Exclusive Hotels and Venues
• Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties