The Hare & Hounds is owned by The Bath Pub Company, an independent company operating 3 premium gastropubs in Bath. Our pubs are all about great food, fantastic service and a friendly pub atmosphere. We’re also passionate about building a great company that people love to work for and plan to add new pubs to our group in time.
With our current Head Chef moving on to take on a new project, the stunning Bath 1AA rosette gastro pub, The Hare & Hounds is looking for a new Head Chef to lead the kitchen and take the pub forward in 2014.
Refurbished 18 months ago, the pub has quickly gained a reputation for excellent food in a location with breath-taking views (the view from the kitchen pass is arguably the best in the country).
The successful candidate will not only be passionate about food, but also have high volume experience, is financially astute and can build a great team around them.
Our restaurant and kitchen are both busy, so you’ll also need to be able to handle large numbers and busy services.
Tasks and responsibilities:
• Manage your brigade of chefs, training and motivating them, leading by example to inspire them, and recruit staff (in line with recruitment guidelines) when necessary.
• Plan all aspects of the job (including menus, food preparation, rotas, and kitchen layout) to maximise speed and consistency for the busy services and demands of an all-day operation.
• Develop the menus with guidance from the owners, while achieving a minimum GP% of 70%.
• Plan staff rotas to ensure maximum efficiency and a kitchen staff cost under 30%.
• Work to a consistently high standard in a calm manner and in line with the company’s codes of conduct, ensuring the kitchen staff are approachable and easy to work with by the floor staff and management.
• All aspects of the kitchen must comply with EHO standards to the 5 star level.
• Ensure all delivery notes and invoices are processed correctly, and emails and other correspondence are dealt with professionally and promptly.
• Create & deliver a menu of inspiring & appealing dishes that are driven by customer appeal for the mid to premium, high volume gastro pub market the pub serves.
Skills and experience:
• Proven experience running a busy kitchen as Head Chef in a high volume outlet, with a quality gastro pub food offering.
• A strong team ethic – able to develop, inspire and motivate a large brigade of chefs.
• Planning and management skills to maximise speed and efficiency both during and out of service.
• Previous record of achieving strong gross profit and payroll costs.
• Strong menu writing ability, sourcing suppliers and negotiating prices.
• Able to embrace & drive change as dictated by customer & business needs.
• Demonstrate & demand from your team high standards of professionalism & passion.
As well as an generous salary and bonus scheme, we also offer:
-Staff Discounts Package
-Branded chef whites provided
-Opportunities to complete further training
-28 Days Holiday
Personal qualities & experience:
-Background as Head Chef running a high volume, fast paced quality kitchen
-Speaks fluent English
-A natural leader
-Punctual, reliable and trustworthy
-Positive & professional attitude
Please email your CV to be considered to Darren Hales: email@example.com