In the heart of Gloucestershire, this 60 bedroom 4 star country house hotel is nestled within 50 acres of grounds, offering breathtaking views of the beautiful Windrush Valley and rolling hills of The Cotswolds. Located just outside the Market Town of Stow-on-the-Wold, Wyck Hill House is the very essence of Cotswold life and the perfect base to explore the stunning Cotswold countryside, close to Broadway, Bourton-on-the-Water, Chipping Campden and Moreton-in-Marsh.
Wyck Hill House require a Chef de Partie to join the brigade at this stunning property.
Job Purpose / Summary:
- To support the Head Chef in ensuring the efficient, and effective running of the Kitchen.
- To ensure that the preparation and presentation of the food is of a high standard, and complies with food safety regulations.
- To support the achievement of budgeted food gross profit
Core Accountabilities & Performance Indicators:
These indicators are what the Company can expect to see when the role is being performed to the required standard.
To provide first class service to the hotel guest
- To ensure all food is served to the required company standard.
- To aid the Head Chef in implementing all new menus.
- To ensure that a high standard of cleanliness is maintained in the kitchen operation.
- To strive and anticipate customer needs wherever possible, and to react to these to enhance customer satisfaction.
- To ensure that you are correctly dressed, adhere to high personal hygiene standards.
- To maintain a professional working relationship with the food service team.
- To comply with all regulations as stated in the normal operating procedures
To understand the impact of effective cost control while undertaking the role
- All maintenance issues reported immediately following the correct procedure.
- Cleaning chemicals are used as directed, to achieve desired results and reduce wastage.
- To demonstrate an understanding of the need to control operating costs and energy conservation to the hotel and company standards.
- When undertaking purchasing for the department that it is within the company guidelines. To participate in the monthly stock take at your Line Managers request, to action any discrepancies immediately.
- To undertake all budgetary controls to achieve budgeted gross profit. Consideration given to stock control and rotation, purchasing, price and portion control, and wastage.
To ensure co operation and compliance with all legislation relevant to your role in the business
- Must attend all H & S, Fire and Food Safety Training as directed by designated Line Manager.
- Ensure that while you undertake your role you abide by the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and safe system of work appropriate to your role.
- In use of company nominated chemicals, it is your responsibility to comply by COSHH.
- Understand the importance of adhering to company policy with reference to Hazard spotting, first aid reporting, and reporting accidents.
- To have a complete understanding of hotel and Company procedure in the event of a fire.
- To ensure the Company Health and Safety, Food Safety and COSHH legislation are adhered to; this will involve action and appropriate training.
- Ensure security for both self and all departments.
To comply with all Food Safety standards
- To abide by all company and legal food safety standards
- To ensure that you hold an appropriate food hygiene certificate.
- That all new procedures comply with food safety policy.
- That you are aware, and uphold all appropriate A.S.C. procedures
To ensure that Learning and Development is undertaken to enable you to fulfil your job role
- Attend hotel and departmental induction.
- Attend Job chats and Performance Reviews
- Development through NVQ training
- Being a Buddy for new starters.
The above is designed to help you in the understanding of your role and is not intended to be a definitive list of your duties, as flexibility in meeting Company and guest needs is required by all employees.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org