CHEF DE PARTIE
ABode Manchester is ideally located in the very heart of the city, just minutes from bustling Piccadilly. The Grade II listed building, completed in 1898, was designed to impress.
Today the period features of the building have been retained, enhanced and complemented by ABode’s understated modern British style, comfort and luxury.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, and reliable Chef de Partie to join our team who is passionate about delivering amazing food.
The future member of our team will:
- Have a genuine passion and knowledge of quality food with emphasis on using fresh, local ingredients
- Have the ability to communicate clearly and be ableto remain calm whilst working under pressure.
- Have a Flexible attitude in their approach, show initiative, and work well alone as well as support various sections when required.
- Have attention to detail in preparing food of the highest quality.
- Establish and maintain good communication and working relationships with all departments.
- Have a pro-active and motivated attitude, demonstrating a desire to progress within their career Desirably have experience of a 2 rosette
Contract Hours: 48, Days Any 5 out of 7, Weekends: Yes, Evenings: Yes, Gratuities/ Service Charge: Yes, Holidays: 28 days per annum
We are striving for perfection, and our results are based on employing the right people. We believe that our staff should be nurtured, developed and encouraged to both succeed and progress.
If you are already in the hospitality industry, or looking for a new career, we invite you to be inspired by our brand, our way of life, our belief in people and our attitude towards service.
Brownsword Hotels are a great place to work and to develop your career in the hospitality industry. Employees receive an outstanding benefits package including an excellent range of local and online discounts for everything from days out to your weekly shop.
Brownsword Hotels and Michael Caines Restaurants have plans for many more hotels and eateries in the coming years so if you want to develop your career with us please send your CV.
Purpose of role
To deliver excellence in food preparation by continuously identifying ways to delight and exceed customer expectations whilst maintaining agreed standards of service and product delivery in line with MC and Abodes objectives.
To ensure a consistent high standard of performance which demonstrates good teamwork, effective communication, consistent positive results and continuous improvement.
– Provide the junior members of the kitchen team with support in training and development so that service and product delivery is consistent.
– Develop a close working relationship with all F&B outlets, departments and managers promoting teamwork within the department and the hotel.
– Assist other Chefs with their work if you are not busy.
– Motivate colleagues to achieve high standards of service and performance.
– Attend and contribute to departmental meetings.
– Ensure guest expectations are exceeded through consistent service and product delivery.
– Treat all staff with respect and to report any unsatisfactory behaviour or work to the Sous or Executive Chef.
Achieve excellent customer satisfaction while achieving targets set by the company. Ensure that you are committed to putting the guest first and that company brand standards are used at all times.
– Consistently deliver exceptionally high standards of food service in all dinning outlets.
– Ensure that your section operates effectively on a daily basis
– Suggest menu items to the Chef which reflect the MC philosophy in relation to quality, locality and seasonality.
– Ensure that you work to the standard that has been set by the Company and the Executive Chef.
– Understand the importance of attention to detail.
– Understand principles of AA & Michelin ratings and work towards achieving ratings.
– Ensure all mis en place is carried out prior to service.
Ensure departments under your area of responsibility meet cost and profit targets ensuring fixed and variable costs are effectively managed.
– Ensure the department runs as profitably as possible and keep wastage to a minimum
– Make sure all dishes are produced in line with company standards in order to maintain food costs.
– Ensure all food is stored according to H&S and company regulations to prevent any wastage.
– Ensure at all times stock are secure in the kitchen.
– Comply with all Health & safety regulations and Fire Safety within the hotel.
– Report for duty on time in full clean uniform groomed to company standards.
– Communicate all issues relating to the kitchen to the Chef.