The Chefs’ Forum Big Brunch For Hospitality Action With Jude Kereama on 19th September 2016 at Kota Kai Restaurant
Originally hailing from New Zealand, Jude moved to the UK in 1996 having trained under acclaimed chef Simon Gault. He spent many years working in London at a variety of top restaurants before making the move to Cornwall.
Jude first appeared on Great British Menu in 2015 representing the South West and is set to do so again on the 5th September.
Jude’s take on ‘classic seafood with a twist’ has earned Kota recognition in the form of 2 AA rosettes and a Michelin Bib Gourmand. The Porthleven restaurant was also named as one of the Top 50 Summer Restaurants in Britain!
Alongside Kota, Jude also runs the sister restaurant, Kota Kai down the road (also in the foodie hotspot of Porthleven) which will be the perfect venue for this fantastic industry event.
Jude and his wife Jane have joined forces with The Chefs’ Forum to host an epic fundraising brunch in aid of industry charity Hospitality Action on Monday 19th September.
Other Porthleven restaurants cooking up dishes in the kitchen and supporting Jude at the event include Amelies, The Square, The Harbour Inn, Rick Stein’s and Twisted Currant.
All ingredients for the brunch have been kindly donated by Total Produce, Kingfisher, Brindisa and Ellis Wharton Wines.
The event will be a ‘pay what you can’ event where tokens can be purchased for fabulous dishes devised by Jude to showcase the finest Cornish produce to top chefs and industry people from across the county.
Delectable dishes offered on the day will be:
- Croissants and Danishes
- ½ Pink Grapefruit, Grapefruit & Mint Granita.
- Tropical Fruit Salad, Greek Yogurt, Passion fruit Syrup, Hazelnut Granola.
- Waffles, Vanilla Whipped Cream, English Berries, Berry coulis.
- Huevos Rancheros – Fried Eggs, Spicy tomato sauce, Grilled Chorizo, Corn Tortillas, Coriander Crema
- French Toast, Crispy Bacon, Maple syrup, Grilled Bananas.
- Grilled Flat Mushrooms, Grilled Tomatoes, Scrambled Egg, Avocado, Miso Truffle Dressing, Toasted Sourdough.
- Smoked Salmon Bagels, Cream Cheese, Watercress, Dill & Capers
- Eggs Benedict
- Eggs Royale
- Eggs Florentine
- Breakfast Burger, Sausage Pattie, Crispy Bacon, Cornish Cheddar, Fried Egg, Brioche Bun.
The Chefs’ Forum has arranged for students from Cornwall College, Truro & Penwith College and HIT Training to work in the kitchen with Jude and front of house with Jane. The students will have the opportunity to showcase their skills to top local employers, lessening the gap between education and industry.
Any chefs or front of house professionals wishing to attend the event should contact firstname.lastname@example.org