Royal Academy Apprentice chefs celebrate graduation
Fourteen students from The Bournemouth & Poole College have graduated from the prestigious Specialised Chef’s Scholarship. The ceremony was held at the Langham Hotel in London’s Regent Street.
The event was attended by renowned chef Brian Turner CBE, President of The Royal Academy of Culinary Arts and John Williams MBE, Executive Chef at The Ritz Hotel and Chairman of The Royal Academy of Culinary Arts.
Now in its 26thyear,thegraduationwas overseen by David Boland, Senior Chef Lecturer at The Bournemouth & Poole College, and celebrates the partnership between The College and The Royal Academy of Culinary Arts.
Since the course started in 1989, a total of 361 apprentices have graduated and achieved the Royal Academy of Culinary Arts coveted Diploma in Professional Cookery. Many graduates remain in the industry today and now employ Specialised Chef apprentices in their own kitchens. Graduates of the course include; James Golding – The Pig Group, Dan Doherty – Duck & Waffle and Adam Byatt – Trinity.
Holly Bailey, Apprenticeship Co-ordinator at the college said:
“The aim of the partnership is to inspire and train promising young chefs of tomorrow and to address the on-going chef shortage at the highest level. There are currently 63 Specialised Chef apprentices enrolled on the 3 year programme, all of which are training in finest quality establishments such as, The Ritz, Claridge’s and Chewton Glen Hotel.”
This year’s list of graduates and their sponsors were:
- Daniel Cornish – Head Chef Luke Matthews, Chewton Glen Hotel.
- Daniel Cowley – Executive Chef Martyn Nail, Claridge’s.
- Theresa Cullinane – Head Chef Daniel Kent, Wilton’s.
- Amy Dahlstrom – Executive Chef Keith Mitchell, The Grand Hotel, Eastbourne.
- Emily Duly – Executive Chef Peter Woods, The Corinthia.
- Craig Ellis – Executive Chef Bernhard Mayer, The Sloane Club.
- Connor Farrer – Executive Chef John Williams MBE, The Ritz London.
- Lauren Kerr – Head Chef Lawrence Keogh, The Wolseley.
- Samuel King – Executive Chef John Williams MBE, The Ritz.
- Anthony Kyriacou – Executive Chef
- Stephen Carter, Boodles. Jemma Laffan – Head Chef
- Malachi O’Gallagher, The Delaunay.
- Sean-Paul Phippard – Executive Chef Shay Cooper, The Goring Hotel.
- Lucy Plate – Executive Chef Stephen Hine, Tylney Hall Hotel.
- Adam Rathbone – Executive Chef Graham Chatham, The Langham Hotel.