We have an exciting opportunity for an Executive Head Chef to join and lead the culinary teams for a hospitality and leisure group in Weston-Super-Mare, Somerset.
As Executive Head Chef you will work alongside our management teams and be responsible for leading the Kitchen teams across the group on a daily basis. You will be innovative, resourceful and ensure cost effective management to maximise F&B profitability and maintain health & safety standards in the kitchen. You will guide the teams, identify the developmental needs of others and coach others to improve their knowledge and skills.
Are you ready to take the next big step in your career?
What we are looking for:
- Previous experience as an Executive Chef or Head chef in a high-quality Restaurant /Hotel
- Strong awareness of trends and seasonality of produce;
- A highly creative approach to your work with excellent attention to detail;
- Proven ability to manage, train and motivate a large multi-Kitchen brigade (30+ chefs);
- Experience in managing staff costs, scheduling and reviewing staff rotas;
- Strengths in finances, purchasing and menu costing;
- A working knowledge of health and safety, compliance and procedures;
- Meeting and exceeding company food GP and budget
- Training and people development for all catering and hospitality teams
- Managing supplier relationships, placing orders and stock management
- Operates within the company Safety Environmental Management Systems to ensure all food is procured, stored, prepared and delivered to the highest safety standards
- Control, reporting and recording of all wastage
- Stock rotation is followed in main stores, and all storerooms/ fridges and freezers are in order
- Monitoring and controlling stock levels
- Responsible for facilities management
- Liaise with the catering manager to ensure all guest service experience is delivered to a high standard
- Liaise with the event manager to ensure all guest service experience is delivered to a high standard
- Prepare high quality food for events, Weddings, Formal dinners and Christmas parties ranging from 10 to 900 attendees.
- Create and deliver tailor made and exciting menus in line with customer requirements.
- Prepare and present seasonal hospitality menus
- Responsible for monitoring KPI’s
The Ideal Candidate
- Food Hygiene Certificate (at least Intermediate, ideally Advanced)
- Proven knowledge of managing an internal Safety management system (including HACCP, Risk Management, training and due diligence recording)
- To have achieved a minimum City and Guilds 706 1 and 2 or equivalent
- Financially astute with a working knowledge of preparing and presenting budgets and P&L
- Computer literate with a working knowledge of Word, Excel and Power point software packages
- Knowledge and experience of banqueting for large numbers
- Previous, significant experience as a Head Chef in a similar environment such as hotel, restaurant or multi site leisure attraction.
- Proven track record of hospitality and function work.