Located in the sleepy village of Clyst Hydon, The Five Bells Inn is a beautiful thatched farmhouse offering award-winning fine dining mixed with traditional pub classics. Home of Devon’s ‘Best Sunday Roast’, the pub is located 11 miles from Exeter and has a cosy atmosphere with real ales, Devon ciders and locally produced food. We are extremely proud to be one of the UK’s ‘Top 50 Gastropubs’ for 2020 and always strive to produce a high level of beautiful food backed up by award-winning customer service.
Due to the success of the business following the end of lockdown, we are looking for a Sous Chef to join our team.
The ideal candidate will already be working as a sous chef in a fresh food business; or be a Junior Sous/ Senior CDP in a high volume, fresh food business, and be passionate about producing high quality food. The person we are looking for would ideally have some experience of running the kitchen in the head chef’s absence and be looking to learn from our existing head chef to take them to the next stage in their career.
Responsibilities will include:
- Helping the Head Chef in maintaining the existing high standards of hygiene and food safety (We received a 5* Scores on The Doors rating on our most recent EHO visit)
- Assisting the Head Chef in designing the menu and producing food to build on our reputation and position as one of the UK’s top gastropubs
- Running the kitchen in the Head Chef’s absence
- Assisting in the training of the rest of the kitchen team
- Assisting the Head Chef in ensuring the GP target for the business is met
The job will entail around 48 hours per week over 5 days, mainly split shifts, including weekends and public holidays. (Overtime will be paid for any extra days worked). Live in may be available for the right candidate.
Due to the rural location of the business, a full driving licence and uninterrupted access to your own vehicle are essential.