Looking for the next big step in your career? Then continue reading …
- Do you want to be part of an award winning culinary team?
- Are you a chef that has flare and a creative nature?
- Can you make a real difference?
Does this sound like you? Then we want to hear from you!
We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative and fully qualified Sous Chef to join our Culinary ICC Wales Brigade.
Our reputation is built on exceptional service, outstanding hospitality and exceeding expectations, all of which depend on the outstanding personalities, performance and professionalism of our exceptional team of people.
We are constantly evolving with new projects and developments, providing a fantastic working environment with endless opportunities for hard-working, talented individuals. We take the same approach to our ever-expanding team of people, investing in their learning and development, nurturing their skills and talents and providing them with every opportunity to grow including the chance to cross-train and work across a broad range of departments.
As Sous Chef you will be standards driven, strive for perfection and have a genuine drive and ambition. You will be expected to continue the food concept development and produce cuisine of exceptional quality and appearance.
We are expecting candidates to demonstrate:
- Experience in a quality food service establishment
- A hands-on approach
- Relevant Food Hygiene qualification
Why not join a thriving environment and become part of a successful team!
- Responsible for ensuring all equipment, tools and supplies are available and maintain relationships with the suppliers of the equipment, tools and supplies.
- Responsible for the maintenance, security, computer systems, cleanliness and appearance of the department(s), both front and back of house.
- Responsible for delivering the product in accordance with set standards, exceeding the internal/external customer expectations.
- Is responsible for helping to maintain a customer-focused culture which supports the values expressed on the Resort’s Mission Statement and the Resort’s business goals.
- Ensures that the training of employees in her/her Department conforms to Celtic Manor training standards by:
- identifying training needs in relation to the business
- formulating relevant and realistic six-month plans for the Department
- designing training sessions to meet established priorities
- ensuring an up-to-date and efficient training administration system is maintained
- assessing the performance of employees and evaluating the results of training programmes
- Establishes and maintains effective and positive relationships with his/her own team as well as with other departments.
- Complies with Resort’s Health, Fire and Safety and Hygiene policies as well as all other Resort policies and procedures.
- Attend all Meetings as Scheduled and as per Request.
- Ordering of all food items as per requirement from the Dry store and outside Companies.
- Ensuring that all food items that are purchased are received and checked against the Invoice. Then stored in the correct manner.
- Ensuring that his/her Department is clean at any given time.
- Liasing with the Stewarding Department for all cleaning requirements.
- Making sure that all Banqueting and Restaurant requirements are dealt with in an orderly and fast manner.
- Ensuring that all Equipment is looked after and any faults are reported to the Maintenance Department.
- Making sure that all stock is labelled and rotated.
- Liasing with the Restaurant Manager / Banqueting Manager on a Daily basis for an Efficient service.
- Dealing with all Complaint swiftly and efficiently. Logging all in the Hand over book.
- Liasing with the Head Chef or Culinary Director for any other requirements
- In absent of the Head Chef or Snr Sous Chef, the Sous Chef will act on his/her behalf when appointed.
- Ensures that resources are used effectively, minimising waste to protect our environment and to reduce costs.
- Performs related duties and special assignments as and when required.
- Complimentary meal while on duty
- Uniform provided and laundered
- Discounted Leisure Membership
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Generous discounts throughout the Resort
- Accommodation can be provided subject to availability
- Additional Long Service days
- Annual Awards Evenings
- Accredited Learning & Development
Apply now via our website –CLICK HEREAbout Us
Set in 2,000 acres of rolling parkland in the beautiful Usk Valley, South Wales, the award-winning Celtic Manor offers luxury on a grand scale, encompassing a host of exceptional world-class facilities that make up the exclusive Celtic Collection. With four hotels and ten luxurious Hunter Lodges, three spectacular championship golf courses, two health spas and fitness clubs, seven restaurants, an array of exciting adventure activities and a new International Convention Centre Wales, Celtic Manor is the ultimate European resort destination.
In the event we receive a high number of applications, we reserve the right to close this campaign early
In line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act of 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. The Celtic Manor Resort is an equal opportunity employer and would welcome interest from applicants of all ages.