The Yew Tree is a stunning country pub with bedrooms in the village of Highclere, home of Downton Abbey (not far from Newbury). The pub has been awarded 2 rosettes for its seasonal menu, which features local produce and uses lots of game during the season and seafood during the warmer months. The wine list has a great cellar selection and is offered alongside an interesting drinks selection and of course local real ales. The Pub also has an incredible outside dining area including an outside bar and seafood kitchen.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
We are looking for a skilled and passionate Sous Chef to help lead the brigade.
Ideal candidates will be mad about food and have bags of drive and energy.
If this sounds like you keep reading!
We are looking for a Sous Chef who
- Is reliable, conscientious and punctual
- Has experience in busy kitchens at 1 Rosette level or higher
- Gets excited about using fresh, seasonal and local produce
- Takes pride in what they do and genuinely cares
- Has a passion and flair for cooking and can contribute to menu ideas
- Understands the importance of food margin control and has the skills to achieve it.
- Is proactive and always busy at work
- Able to motivate and train junior members of the team
- Works well under pressure
- Is able to support the Head Chef and look after the kitchen properly in their absence
- Is able to communicate daily to the relevant departments
- Is able to adhere to company standards and procedures and can hit financial and management targets
- Has a good working knowledge of HACCP and COSHH
- Level 2 certification in food hygiene
We are looking for an existing sous chef but would consider a strong CDP looking to make the next step in their career.
Highly competitive rates of pay are offered as well as further opportunities for training, development and progression within in a well-established and growing company.
Only applicants whose experience matches our criteria will be contacted for interview.