VACANCY: SOUS CHEF
Calcot and Calcot Spa are located in The Cotswolds amidst 220 acres of classic Cotswold countryside. The luxury hotel has 35 bedrooms located in the main house and overlooking the courtyard and gardens and include suites, two-floor duplexes and double rooms. The Conservatory restaurant in the main house is a light and spacious restaurant overlooking the Calcot grounds, and serves simple but very tasty food.
We are looking for a talented Sous Chef to join the team.
Purpose of job:
- To assist the Head Chef in the smooth running of the kitchen operation
- To produce and deliver a variety of dishes to a high standard of preparation, production and presentation
- Ensure guests expectations are exceeded through consistent service and product delivery
- Support the Head Chef in creating a team environment which promotes good morale and ensures a high level of commitment and pride
- Aim to achieve required standards of food service whilst ensuring that profitability targets are met
- Provide junior members of the kitchen team with support in training and development so that service and product delivery is consistent
- Ensure all statutory regulations are adhered to
- Ensure that all food is stored correctly, stocks rotated and temperature recorded in line with the Health and Safety regulations
- Ensure that exceptional standards of food service are delivered consistently
- Ensure that the kitchen operates effectively on a daily basis
- Maintain sufficient level of mise en place for Lunch and Dinner service.
- Ensure that staff meals are of a good wholesome and healthy standard.
- Develop a close working relationship with all F&B staff, promoting team within the department and hotel
- Motivate colleagues to achieve high standards of service and performance
- NVQ Level 3 as a minimum
- CIEH Level 3
- 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Ability to demonstrate good food production
- Ability to work under the pressure of a busy kitchen