We are looking to recruit an experienced Senior Sous Chef to join our ICC Wales culinary brigade in what will be one of the busiest Banqueting kitchens in the UK.
As Senior Sous Chef, you must be standards driven with a genuine drive and ambition, have experience in a similar sized / quality establishment. You will be a committed and dedicated individual who strives for perfection with every dish, from 2 people to 5,000 people.
Maintaining the 5* standards we are renowned for, you will remain calm when under pressure and have the desire to succeed.
- Responsible for ensuring all equipment, tools and supplies are available and maintain relationships with the suppliers of the equipment, tools and supplies.
- Responsible for the maintenance, security, computer systems, cleanliness and appearance of the department(s), both front and back of house.
- Responsible for delivering the product in accordance with set standards, exceeding the internal/external customer expectations.
- Is responsible for helping to maintain a customer-focused culture which supports the values expressed on the Resort’s Mission Statement and the Resort’s business goals.
- Ensures that the training of employees in his / her Department conforms to Celtic Manor training standards by:
- identifying training needs in relation to the business;
- formulating relevant and realistic six-month plans for the Department;
- designing training sessions to meet established priorities;
- ensuring an up-to-date and efficient training administration system is maintained;
- assessing the performance of employees and evaluating the results of training programmes;
- Establishes and maintains effective and positive relationships with his/her own team as well as with other departments.
- Complies with Resort’s Health, Fire and Safety and Hygiene policies as well as all other Resort policies and procedures.
- Attends all meetings as scheduled and as per request.
- Orders all food items as per requirement from the dry store and outside companies.
- Ensures that all food items that are purchased are received and checked against the invoice, then stored in the correct manner.
- Ensures that all kitchens are clean at any given time.
- Coordinated with the Stewarding Department for all cleaning requirements.
- Ensures that all banqueting and restaurant requirements are dealt with in an orderly and fast manner.
- Ensures that all equipment is looked after and any faults are reported to the Maintenance Department.
- Makes sure that all stock is labelled and rotated.
- Liaises with the Restaurant Manager / Banqueting Manager on a daily basis for an efficient service.
- Deals with all complaints swiftly and efficiently and logs all in the hand over book.
- Liaises with the Culinary Director or his designated assistant for any other requirements, if the Department Head is not present.
- Ensures that resources are used effectively, minimising waste to protect our environment and to reduce costs.
- Performs related duties and special assignments as and when required.
- Complimentary meal while on duty
- Uniform provided and laundered
- Discounted Leisure Membership
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Generous discounts throughout the Resort
- Accommodation can be provided subject to availability
- Additional Long Service days
- Annual Awards Evenings
- Accredited Learning & Development
Apply now via our website –
Set in 2,000 acres of rolling parkland in the beautiful Usk Valley, South Wales, the award-winning Celtic Manor offers luxury on a grand scale, encompassing a host of exceptional world-class facilities that make up the exclusive Celtic Collection. With four hotels and ten luxurious Hunter Lodges, three spectacular championship golf courses, two health spas and fitness clubs, seven restaurants, an array of exciting adventure activities and a new International Convention Centre Wales, Celtic Manor is the ultimate European resort destination.
In the event we receive a high number of applications, we reserve the right to close this campaign early
In line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act of 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. The Celtic Manor Resort is an equal opportunity employer and would welcome interest from applicants of all ages.