The Nare Hotel, positioned as ‘the country house hotel by the sea’, is Cornwall’s top luxury hotel. Sitting in its own grounds, overlooking a beach with perfect sea views, the hotel offers traditional standards of comfort, luxury and service that are increasingly difficult to find in the modern world. Rated by the AA as the best hotel in Cornwall every year for the last 15 years, it is set in some 8 acres, has 37 rooms, a traditional ‘Dining Room’ and a fine dining restaurant offering an a la carte menu. Our Quarterdeck restaurant has recently been held at 2AA rosettes which was described as a strong 2 by our AA critics.
As our busy season comes to a close an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Sous Chef to join our award winning Quarterdeck restaurant to develop our team and menus over the low season in preparation for next year. You will be helping to run the Quarterdeck kitchen, from recruiting and developing the team through to designing inspiring original menus using only the freshest seasonal ingredients from leading suppliers. You will be expected to continue and improve upon this reputation bringing new exciting and innovative cooking to the Restaurant using the latest techniques where they enhance traditional methods. This position would suit an experienced junior sous chef who has been working in a 2 or 3 AA rosette kitchen and you will receive all the support required from our supportive Head chef. You will be looking to assist in the development of the restaurant, striving at all times to achieve greater accolades. And with big expansion plans in the pipeline – this is an exciting role that will get bigger over time.
This is an ideal opportunity for a rising star to take their career to the next level as we are looking for an enthusiastic, creative and ambitious individual.
- Our ideal candidate will have a steady and reliable track record working in a similar sized kitchen to a 2/3 rosette standard
- They will have a passion for working with fresh, locally sourced ingredients
- They can demonstrate that they are happy working under pressure and have a positive thinking, no problem approach
- They will be able to demonstrate outstanding man-management and organisational skills
- They will bring fresh ideas and a passion to deliver exceptional food – every time
Package and benefits
- We are offering a generous salary and non contractual gratuities to be discussed during the interview stage
- This is a fantastic opportunity for the right individual to join our highly professional team working in ever evolving, truly inspiring industry.
If you would like to be considered for this exciting and unique position, then please apply today.