The Royal Hotel is best known for it’s outstanding food and endearing customer service. The Royal is the highest AA rated hotel on the Isle of Wight and has held 2 AA Rosettes for its food for 20 years. We are also one of very few hotels in the UK that have been included in every Michelin Guide since it’s inception. Our success has always been dependent upon our dedicated team of staff, some of which have been here since the Managing Director, William Bailey first took ownership in 1994. We invest time in training and developing new and upcoming talent, which many members of our senior team have experienced having worked their way to the top. Personality, positivity and passion are essential to success in the hospitality industry and we are hoping to recruit talented chefs with these qualities to add to our team.
The Isle of Wight is the UK’s holiday island and is less than 2 hours from London via one of the island’s ferry ports. The Royal is located in Ventnor, on the south coast of the island just a few minutes walk from the seafront and main town. To the west lies the picturesque beach of Steephill Cove, the beautiful Botanic Gardens and Ventnor Park. Ventnor also has it’s very own local fishery, which provide local cafes and restaurants with some of the freshest fish and seafood in the country. The island is the perfect place to relocate a family, looking for a better quality of life, away from the hustle and bustle of the mainland’s major towns and cities.
We are currently looking for an experienced and talented chef who can lead and inspire others with their exceptional culinary skills and knowledge. You will be part of the hotel senior team, reporting to the Head Chef. In return, we will develop you and increase your food knowledge and teach you a wide range of skills.
Candidates must have:
- Have at least 4 years experience working in a kitchen with 2/3 Rosettes, Michelin star or above in a senior position.
- Excellent time keeping, positive attitude and enthusiastic
- Strong leadership and development skills to train and inspire others
- Proven ability to run a kitchen and maintain consistency on the Head Chef’s days off.
- Capable of working on all sections including pastry.
- A genuine passion for food and their profession
- Excellent knowledge of using seasonal and local produce, with the ability to create new dishes.
- Experience of managing a team of 12 or more chefs
- Good financial acumen and understanding of menu costings and budgets
- A strong desire to succeed, improve and learn
- Knowledge and experience of a Food Safety Management System based on HACCP
- Level 3 Food Hygiene qualified (if not, full training will be given)
INCLUSIONS, OPPORTUNITIES AND BENEFITS
- Excellent pay package up to £40,000.00 (depending on experience).
- 28 days holiday
- Annual share of staff gratuities
- Staff loyalty discount scheme
- A meal voucher every year on your birthday
- Discounted ferry travel offers
- Food hygiene qualification and other in house training
- Live in accommodation (limited availability, however renting locally is very affordable).
If you are ready to take the next step in your career, please get in touch by emailing your CV with cover letter to email@example.com or call Jon-Paul Charlo on 01983 852186.