At Scott Dunn we are renowned for our excellent chefs and high attention to detail. Our chefs are an extremely important part of the service that Scott Dunn offer and this is a great opportunity to create fantastic tailor-made menus in your own kitchen in a stunning location.
Our positions being either in the exclusive Mediterranean locations of Mallorca and the South of France or the beautiful alpine resorts in France and Austria during their respective seasons. These locations pose exciting options for our chefs’ creativity in terms of local ingredients, seasonal cuisine and when not in the kitchen simply enjoying everything the local resort has to offer –whether it is dining at the local restaurants, visiting the local markets, enjoying snow sports or exploring the local islands. It really makes for an exciting experience all round.
We expect all of our chefs to:
- Look after our guests to the highest standard possible and therefore ensuring all of our guests benefit from the ‘Scott Dunn’ service/ food in our luxury properties of up to 14 guests
- Be responsible for all of the food and domestic product shopping for your property
- Maintain your weekly budgets and ensure all accounts are submitted in an efficient and timely manner
- Strictly maintain all food, health and hygiene kitchen standards on a daily basis
- Create tailor-made menus – efficient planning in conjunction with your particular guests tastes, dietary requirements and local ingredients. All of our chefs contact guests personally prior to arrival to discuss menu options – creativity and flexibility is a must!
You will work closely with a Host that will look after the front of house but you will also be a main part of the guests’ holiday so personable and presentable chefs are important.
- Recognised catering qualification such as NVQ or City & Guild Chef Qualification, Cooking School Certificate or extensive experience in a professional kitchen
- Minimum of 1 year working experience with a qualification or 2 years without a qualification
- Work experience in Michelin starred establishments, functions, corporate hospitality, yachts, previous ski seasons and luxury travel companies are all desirable
- A Full UK/EU Driving Licence is desirable ( a requirement for Mediterranean positions)
- Holder of a UK/EU Passport, UK NI number and UK bank account
- A competitive salary
- Live out accommodation
- Full area lift pass (winter season only)
- Ski/board equipment hire (winter season only)
- Full insurance (covering you in and out of work)
- Return travel from/to London
- Food/Meals on working days
- Year-round career opportunities to work in our luxury villas in the summer and our stunning chalets in the winter months.
Unfortunately we cannot accept applications from holders of UK Working Visas.For more information please visit: http://bit.ly/1k0ukGY
or apply by sending a CV and menu plan to email@example.com