Wood Chester will be opening later this year at the brand new Hotel Indigo in Chester. Wood Chester’s Chef Patron is MasterChef 2015 winner Simon Wood and Wood Chester will offer high end fine dining in relaxed unintimidating surroundings.
The role requires a talented, enthusiastic and experienced Restaurant General Manager to lead and manage the food and beverage operation for the restaurant and hotel.
This is a key role within the business and we are looking for a stand out person to join us. You must have a passion for fantastic customer service, quality food and wine and be able to motivate, support and lead a large team.
Experience in hotel and restaurant environment is essential, with a minimum of five years management experience.
The key aspects of the role will be:
- To co-ordinate front and back of house restaurant and food and beverage operations
- Deliver and maintain consistently high standards of service and guest experience
- Oversee and manage staff recruitment and training
- Prepare and manage staff rotas
- Ensure bar and restaurant facilities are operated and maintained to a high standard
- Work with the hotel and guest services team to promote offers and events and deliver a sound marketing plan, in keeping with current trends
- Ensure all brand standards for the restaurant and hotel group are adhered to on a daily basis
General responsibilities and key skills required:
- Strong communication skills and ability to lead and motivate your team, with a personality that can make staff and guests smile and want to come back
- Numeracy and financial skills to manage the P&L of all F&B operations, fully understanding sales targets, wages percentages and cost of sales
- Administrative ability and IT literacy, with experience of online booking systems and EPOS management
- Experience in maintaining and improving service delivery and stock management
At Wood the ethos is about a team with great people, quality service and exceptional food. Our people are crucial to the success of the business. To achieve our vision we live by the values of Integrity, Team work, Passion, Can-Do and Responsibility
Package and benefits
- Competitive salary
- Discounted room rates for you, friends and family
- Discounted food and beverages when staying at the hotel
- Cycle to work scheme, Child car vouchers, HSF and various other Company benefits
- Workplace pension
In line with the requirements of The Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. As part of the recruitment process you will be asked to provide documented evidence of eligibility.