PASTRY CHEF DE PARTIE
THE PIG NEAR BATH
THE PIG – near Bath is looking for a highly organised, creative and reliable Pastry Chef de Partie who is passionate about producing simple modern British garden food using seasonal and sustainable ingredients, all sourced within 25 miles.
A Chef de Partie role at THE PIG – near Bath is like no other, you will be working with a menu that is influence by the kitchen garden and the surrounding area and can change by the minute.
Passion is the key to our success, so we want you to be enthusiastic about our food, our animals, the kitchen garden, foraging, and everything you do!
We require our Pastry Chef de Parties to:
- Manage and train the Demi-Chef de Parties or Commis working on the section with you
- Prepare and cook dishes for the section
- Assist the senior Chefs to come up with new dishes
- Ensure that portion size is controlled
- Maintain high standards in all aspects of your role
- Bring fresh ideas
- Be confident when delegating
- Be willing to learn and progress
As a member of the kitchen team, the learning and development opportunities are endless. You will experience:
- Butchery, charcuterie, fish, pasta and bread masterclasses
- Foraging with local experts
- Weekly kitchen garden tours and harvesting workshops
- An environment with livestock such as pigs, chickens, sheep, quail and bees.
- Visits to local suppliers
- Regular tasting of new dishes and ingredients
- Health & Safety courses
Who are we?
More than a boutique hotel, THE PIG – near Bath is an award winning restaurant with rooms, with an obsessive commitment to garden food. An expanding litter of PIG’s are making their way across the South of England so now is the time to join us.
What do we offer?
Successful candidates can look forward to:
- A competitive salary
- Free meals on duty
- Free uniform
- Discounted Room Nights
- 28 days holiday (increasing with length of service)
- Discounts at Food and Beverage outlets
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Cycle to Work Programme
- A range of training and development opportunities
- Fantastic career prospects as we aim to home grow our Supervisors and Managers of the future
- Staff accommodation (subject to availability)
Where are we?
Just 7 miles from Bath and 12 miles from Bristol near the villages of Chelwood and Pensford this property is in the perfect location to escape the hustle and bustle of city life while still having access to those creature comforts…..
At Home Grown Hotels we are a team, we share success together, help each other and respect everyone’s position so if you like what you have read, and are ready for a new challenge, then please get in touch.