Award winning McBaile Exclusive Catering & Events is a young, dynamic and motivated fresh food and private events company committed to delivering the highest quality of private and corporate event catering in the South West of England and Wales. We are currently recruiting for a Sous chef for our busy outside catering business.
The successful applicant will take charge of the kitchen on our events and be responsible for delivering the best possible event catering food. Based in our kitchen on the luxury holiday park Lower Mill Estate, we are looking for a Sous level chef who wants to progress to the next stage. Our Executive Chef will oversee the kitchen and mentor the successful applicant to a point whereby they can progress to Head Chef level.
Our events are diverse in nature, from large scale multi day events for blue chip companies, to wedding receptions to private dining for small numbers in private homes.
In the region of 95% of food produced is freshly made in house and then transported to event site for finishing by our events team to provide an exceptional level of quality and freshness.
The Sous Chef position is physically demanding but incredibly rewarding with the opportunity to work in an ever changing environment across the country, from grand Manor houses to a marquee on a private beach to a pop up kitchen in a high rise office block it is often challenging, but always fun… Working alongside the Executive Chef, the Sous Chef will be responsible for day to day management of production and event staff, suppliers and equipment needed to produce and fulfil the diverse range of events that are required by our clients. Requirements vary widely depending on each particular event and circumstance but are thoroughly communicated to the kitchen team in advance through regular team meetings and event sheets.
This role may suit a candidate with solid private dining/personal chef experience or a competent sous chef who wants to get out from behind the pass to take on the next career challenge.
Key attributes we are seeking are as follows;
– A true passion for and strong experience in food and hospitality.
– A positive and upbeat personality with a “nothing is too much trouble” attitude. Flexibility and adaptability to changing situations is vital in this role.
– A passion for delivering an exceptional customer experience and an ability to relate to and get on with a wide range of personalities- this is very much a customer facing role!
– Solid experience in high quality establishments, whether restaurants, hotels or private catering, experience in event catering specifically may be beneficial but not essential. A knowledge and experience of a wide range of cuisines and food styles would be an advantage.
– A great personality with strong communication skills that is reliable, communicative and articulate.
– Attention to detail and an attitude of constantly striving to improve and succeed, whether that is on standards, efficiency or personally.
– The ability to work alone but for the most of the time be an effective leader of a constantly changing team of chefs, kitchen porters and FOH staff.
– Flexibility and an attitude conducive to continual improvement and learning are key requirements of any candidate.
- Full clean drivers licence
- Own transport. Although company vehicles are generally made available for most work away from our production kitchen you may occasionally need to have your own form of transport.
Benefits and Package:
- £28,000 p.a. starting salary dependant on experience
- Progression plan and training programme with the aim of promotion to Head Chef level.
- Attractive working pattern with a set 5 day week Tuesday – Saturday and overtime paid for additional voluntary days.
- Meals on duty
- Uniform and knives provided
- Salary: £28,000.00/year
Required licence or certification:
- Drivers licence required
Think you could be the perfect fit for this role?To apply please email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Caroline on 07734772845 for an initial chat.