HEAD SOMMELIER – BEACH HOUSE OXWICH
An outstanding Head Sommelier opportunity for a talented hospitality professional looking for an exceptional venue and team to help nurture and develop.
Our Beach House Restaurant is situated on the golden sandy beach of Oxwich Bay on the famous and stunning Gower Peninsula in South West Wales. The restaurant has been open for 3 years and is already established as one of the leading restaurants in Wales, having been awarded AA Restaurant of the Year for Wales in 2018, and in 2019 a prestigious Michelin Star and 3 AA rosettes.
A successful candidate will ideally have:
- Head Sommelier experience at 3 AA Rosette/1 Michelin Star level or above.
- Assistant Sommelier experience at 4 AA Rosette/ 2 Michelin Star level or above.
- Passion to deliver an exceptional customer experience.
- Expert knowledge of world wines, spirits and cocktails.
- Creative thinker who is prepared to seek out the most interesting and extraordinary wines.
- Well organized with exemplary attention to detail.
- Genuine and sincere nature.
- Driven to ensure budgets are met.
- Smart presentation and a friendly yet professional personality.
- Resilient nature and ability to work under pressure.
- Strong team work ethic prepared to look beyond wines when required.
- Natural leader who leads by example.
What we offer:
The Beach House offers an excellent working environment in one of the most stunning parts of the UK with the world-famous Gower peninsula coastline on its doorstep.
Also on offer is:
- Package of up to £38k including a share of non-contractual tronc.
- Generous staff discounts at Beach House Oxwich and its sister businesses The Grove of Narberth and Coast Saundersfoot.
- Staff rewards scheme.
- Other group benefits associated with working for the Seren Collection.
Beach House is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays and open on all other days for lunch and dinner.
If you are interested in this role then please forward a covering letter and CV to Oliver our Group HR Manager to firstname.lastname@example.org.