HEAD CHEF REQUIRED
Restaurant Etc are recruiting an experienced Head Chef to Work alongside our Sous Chef & the kitchen team.
To manage daily kitchen activities, including overseeing staff, aiding with menu preparation, ensuring food quality and freshness, monitoring, ordering and stocking. Provide quality and consistency by following designated recipes.
Excellent opportunity for the right candidate in a beautiful restaurant and large kitchen in Penarth, near Cardiff.
Head Chef Duties:
- Lead the kitchen
- Menu creation and weekly specials
- Provides guidance to junior kitchen staff members, including, but not limited, to line cooking, food preparation, and dish plating
- Oversees and organises kitchen stock and ingredients
- Ensures a first-in, first-out food rotation system and verifies all food products are properly dated and organised for quality assurance
- Manages food and product ordering by keeping detailed records and minimises waste, plus works with existing systems to improve waste reduction and manage budgetary concerns
- Supervises all food preparation and presentation to ensure quality and restaurant standards
- Works alongside sous chef to maintain kitchen organisation, staff ability, and training opportunities
- Coordinates with restaurant management team on supply ordering, budget, and kitchen efficiency and staffing
Pay & Salary depending upon Experience. Plus bonus and tips, great working benefits and hours of work.
Job Type: Full-time