Head Chef – up to £42,000 per annum, depending on experience
New opening – Modern Mediterranean and Middle Eastern style restaurant – Exciting opportunity!
Location: Nr Finsbury Park, Highbury, London, N5
We are looking for a Head Chef for our new opening, located in Finsbury Park, this exciting new restaurant will reflect a Middle Eastern style inspired cooking on open charcoal grill, served simply, well executed and at its seasonal best.
The Restaurant would only be operational for the evening trade 5 days a week, so good work life balance, and it will be a café by day, based on our already successful café in Crouch End. The Head Chef would mainly work and run the evening restaurant, but over see the café as well.
As Head Chef, you will be in full control of the kitchen brigade. Your role would assume staff training, hiring, health & safety, kitchen admin, implementing and the procurement of new menus & costing’s, responsible for kitchen finances, ensuring that the GP is met. You will have at least 2 years experience as Senior Sous or Head Chef with a strong and solid background. Be an excellent team leader and ability to motivate your team and work well under pressure.
- You would team management skills, which would include, training, recruitment and developing staff, time management and good working ethics
- Good credentials in meeting GP targets
- Developing and implementing new menus and dishes with costing’s, and allergen sheets
- Maintain high standards and quality of food offering and execution
- To help maintain Kitchen staff expenditure and costs
- Managing all Health and safety procedures in line with company policy and maintaining records, arrange COSHH training as required
- Responsible for food purchasing, finding suppliers and kitchen Rota’s and maintaining S.O.P’s
- Ideally worked and cooked with open fire, but not essential
Ultimately we are looking for someone who is creative and passionate, that is dedicated, proactive and reliable, must have a passion for quality and good working ethics with a solid background and knowledge of seasonal and fresh produce, to join us
If you’re interested in developing your career and delivering quality food, then please apply.
Eligibility: In line with the requirements of the Immigration Act 2016, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please send an updated CV to email@example.com