Boscundle Manor, a 3 AA *** country house hotel in St Austell, Cornwall with 2 AA Rosettes and is seeking a new head chef to cook breakfast, lunch and dinner for a 20 cover restaurant on a daily basis and for major functions such as weddings and Christmas parties on 20-30 occasions throughout the year. The position pays £24K – £28K (depending upon experience) + share of tips.
We are normally a low volume, but high quality establishment, but with occasional ‘full on’ function trade for up to 100 guests. In 2014, we secured 2 AA Rosettes in 2014 and the first goal for our new head chef is to satisfactorily retain this significant accolade.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for, and manage, all aspects of the kitchen.
- Be able to work mornings, lunchtime, evenings, weekends and split shifts, 5-6 days a week.
- Ensure food margins are maintained by monitoring costs, portion sizes, sales price and wastage.
- Maintain fresh food stocks by stock rotation and ordering on a ‘little and often’ basis.
- Responsible for a food budget of around £90,000
- Be knowledgeable about all relevant legislation, company policies and procedures.
- Liaise directly with the owner on menu planning.
- Develop new members of the kitchen team.
- Maintain staff motivation and harmony within the kitchen.
- Be eligible to live and work in the UK.
- Have good levels of written and spoken English.
The position is suitable for an experienced head chef who is able to either work alone or as part of a small brigade as well as an experienced sous chef who has regularly covered head chef duties and wants to make that step up. The ideal candidate would be classically trained and imaginative. The position is full time, ideally with an immediate start and you will report directly to the owner (also a chef).
Temporary accommodation may initially be available if required, but this is not a live in position.
ABOUT BOSCUNDLE MANOR
Boscundle Manor is a beautiful boutique style country house hotel set in it’s own grounds just 1 mile from the sea and 1 mile from the world famous Eden Project. The hotel has 14 rooms, Day spa facilities and a 20 cover restaurant offering modern British food with a twist consisting at least 80% local produce. In addition, Boscundle Manor is a fabulous wedding venue and holds around 20 weddings per year with anything from 15 to 150 guests, offering restaurant quality sit down meals and impressive “foods of the world” buffet style evening options.
TripAdvisor reviewers rate Boscundle Manor very highly, being number 1 out of 9 in St Austell, top 20 out of 300 in Cornwall and in the romantic category, these same reviewers rate us the most romantic in Cornwall out of about 100 hotels.
See more at www.boscundlemanor.co.uk
In the first instance, please forward your CV to email@example.com and shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview and trade test.