The Olive Tree Restaurant at The Queensberry is looking for an passionate and talented Head chef to work under our Michelin star Executive Chef Chris Cleghorn.
Join the award winning team:
- Only Michelin star restaurant in Bath
- 3AA rosettes
- Chris Cleghorn trained with Michael Caines whilst at Gidleigh Park, James Sommerin (whilst at The Crown at Whitebrook) and Heston Blumenthal (Fat Duck at Bray)
Details of The Olive Tree Restaurant:
- Dinner 6.30-9pm (Tuesday to Sunday)
- Lunch 12.30-2pm (Friday to Sunday )
- Closed Mondays (only breakfast and room service )
- Closed 4 weeks of the year (1 week in January, April, August and November) breakfast and room service still covered 7 days a week whilst closed
- 1 breakfast shift a week (6.45- 3pm )
- 2 days off
- Offer a 5 or 7 tasting menu, al a carte and lunch menu on weekends only
- No afternoon tea served
Standard benefits include (subject to terms and restrictions):
- Uniform provided
- Free meals on duty
- Discounted taxis
- Free and discounted meals at The Olive Tree Restaurant
- Free overnight stays at the hotel
- Career progression within an ambitious privately owned company. With various training opportunities.
If you have the following we would like to hear from you:
- Previous Sous Chef experience with a Michelin star restaurant
- Proven ability to lead and manage a team of chefs
- Highly creative approach to your work with exceptional attention to detail
- Confidence in serving guests to help create an unforgeable experience
- Experience in overseeing health and safety compliances
- Calm and professional work ethic
Accommodation could be provided for a temporary period, subject to availability.
We offer a competitive salary of £34,000 p/a inclusive of gratuities.