Cardiff & Vale College are looking for a Head Chef to oversee all aspects of work within the kitchens at Canal Parade and to commercially run the restaurant kitchen with learners and staff in order to provide world class learning and dining experiences.
Our new Canal Parade Campus in Cardiff City centre include a fine dining restaurant and we now seek a full time, experienced Head Chef to run the business on a commercial basis. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right individual to take charge of an Award Winning restaurant within a world-class teaching facility in the centre of the capital city of Wales. The candidate will be a dedicated and passionate individual who is striving to build his or her career in the hospitality industry.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Meeting and exceeding company Food GP budget
- Ensuring kitchen staff are trained on dish specification and how to achieve food margins
- Ordering of food stock appropriate to sales levels
- Preparation of food for service appropriate to sales levels
- Controlling wastage and records
- Ensuring staff food policy is followed with no unauthorised food leaving the kitchen
- Keeping all menus and dishes to college specification
The successful applicant will have Relevant industrial experience of professional cookery in high quality establishments. Strong leadership skills will be essential for the role as well as up to date knowledge of food preparation and cooking methods and techniques.
Applications are to be made using the Cardiff and Vale College application form only HERE.
The closing date for completed applications is 25/02/2019 at 12 noon.
To find out more or apply go to or contact the Human Resources Department on 02920250311 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Welsh translations of advert and job description are available on request.