About the role…
As the Head Chef you will lead the Samphire kitchen brigade from the front. You will primarily be responsible for the implementation and co-ordination of all policies and procedures relating to food, quality, storage, specifications, preparation and service in the Samphire kitchen. Your role will include the construction of menus and retail pricing in order to achieve gross profitability. Furthermore, you will maintain regular food stock control and checking measures, rotation and daily checks on food quality in stock and availability of products required.
You will have a thorough understanding of agreed food allocations and will work in conjunction with the Kitchen Administrator to negotiate and monitor the supply chain, in order to ensure the best price values and weights are adhered to.
As the Samphire Head Chef you will ensure good kitchen planning with necessary equipment to enable a trouble free service and customer satisfaction, instructing, training and developing chefs with use of menu costing, recipe, method, presentation folders and encouraging input for future dishes.
This is a full time, permanent, year-round role. Usual hours of work are 48 per week (after breaks), depending on business requirements, over 5 straight shifts.
The Two Rosetted Samphire Restaurant routinely serves Dinner, but also some of the County’s prestigious events. We believe our team are our most important asset in ensuring we remain at the top of our game and achieve our aspirations.
The Headland, one of the highest rated properties in Cornwall, has 95 bedrooms & suites, 39 five-star self-catering cottages, a five-bubble rated spa & gym, a double AA rosette-awarded fine dining Restaurant and a rosette-awarded Terrace Restaurant. We are about to commence a brand-new build, a multi-million pound ‘Aqua Centre’ due for completion in 2020. This will also contain another wonderful catering outlet.
Our ideal candidate will…
- Ideally have experience as a Head Chef or similar in an AA-Rosetted Restaurant.
- Have experience in large events/banqueting.
- Work under pressure and have a passion for innovative and exciting menus.
- Be a problem solver, ready to come up with on-the-spot solutions.
- Maintain good relationships with the team and other departments within the hotel.
- Demonstrate excellent organisational skills of self and others.
- Be pro-active with the ability to manage staff ratios and deliver consistent standards.
- Motivate, inspire, coach and support the team to improve and develop to their full potential.
- Thrive under pressure in an unpredictable environment.
We can offer you…
- Excellent learning & development
- Online learning platform for everyone – (Flow Hospitality)
- Family & friends rate for dining, accommodation & spa
- 28 days holiday, which increases with service up to 33
- Introduce a friend scheme
- Christmas & Birthday gift
- Free gym membership
- Free meals on duty
- Discounted SUP & surf lessons with Surf Sanctuary
- Uniform provided
- Free car parking