Are you an experienced Head Chef looking for the next step in your career? Do you have a passion for working with fresh, high quality ingredients and inspiring and developing others? We’re looking for a Head Chef to lead and develop our kitchen team at Rick Stein’s Café.
Rick Stein’s Café was opened in 1994 by Rick Stein and Jill Stein. Guests can enjoy a mid-morning treat with homemade cakes and freshly ground coffee. Our Café also offers lunch and dinner options with influences from afar including dishes such as pad Thai noodles, salt and pepper prawns and cod curry. Our Café has a small kitchen team and is perfectly located on Middle Street of Padstow.
We’re passionate about working with fresh ingredients and developing our people to be the best that they can be. You will have many opportunities to develop your skills and we will give you all of the guidance that you need. We take pride in delivering exceptional service to our customers since our first restaurant, The Seafood Restaurant, was opened in Padstow in 1975.
The benefits you’ll receive as Head Chef:
- Potential tips earnings from £1.25 per hour
- 20% discount in our shops and restaurants
- A complimentary meal for yourself and a guest in one of our restaurants each year after your first six months
- Preferential rates for friends and family at our cookery school
- A reward when you recommend a friend to work with us
- Rewards as part of our recognition scheme which range from a bottle of wine to a prize worth up to £250
- The opportunity to join a childcare voucher scheme
- Access to our employee assistance programme provided by leading charity Hospitality Action
- Team events with the opportunity to meet Rick Stein and Jill Stein
Your responsibilities as Head Chef:
- Leading the Kitchen team to deliver outstanding service
- Monitoring stock and wastage
- Ensuring dating and labelling of produce
- Scheduling, development and recruiting of staff
- Inspiring the team and encouraging individual development
- Managing financial responsibilities
If this sounds like the next step in your career as a Head Chef, we’d love to hear from you!