Chotto Matte is looking for a Sushi Chef to contribute to the production of the highest possible food quality in the delegated section at all times. All production is carried out in line with appropriate food portion control, the departmental business plan, and Chotto Matte guidelines, and service concepts.
TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures the highest food quality appropriate to the market in all areas of sushi bar operations
- Adheres to Chotto Matte standards of food quality, preparation, recipes, and presentation
- Ensures proper staffing and adequate supplies for all stations
- Supervises the proper set-up of each item on menus and insures their readiness
- Oversees the seasonings, portions, and appearance of food service in the operation
- Stores unused food properly to minimise waste and maximise quality
- Assists in budgetary and payroll expense control as required
- Works closely with Chefs to ensure correct preparation and delivery times are kept and food quality is maintained
- Assures proper safety, hygiene, and sanitation practices are followed
- Checking and ordering fresh products and dry storage items required by sushi bar
- Encourages increased communication between kitchen production and service staff
- Ensures readiness and makes priorities in case of last minute changes to reservations
- Confers closely and regularly with the Head Sushi Chef.
Command of the English language. Self-motivated and flexible. Lively and enthusiastic. Ability to handle difficult situations successfully. Good organisational skills.