The Lucknam Park Cookery School opened in November 2012 and has gone from strength to strength. The school hosts a diverse selection of courses from ‘Street Food of India’ to ‘Christmas Baking’, something for everyone.
Hrishikesh Desai, our Cookery School Chef, has decided to move onto pastures new after a very successful 10 years at Lucknam Park Hotel. He has worked across the property in the Michelin starred Park restaurant and as Head Chef in the Brasserie, in addition to this he is a Roux Scholar and was awarded National Chef of the Year in 2010. A hard act to follow!
We are looking to recruit an experienced and passionate chef who is keen to share their knowledge with students on a daily basis to ensure they receive a first class enjoyable experience as well as leaving equipped with new skills.
Our successful applicant will:
- Have experience as a tutor within a cookery school (preferred)
- Have experience of working at a high level, preferably Head Chef, within recognised and well respected properties
- Possess an excellent knowledge of fresh food and cooking techniques
- Be able to adapt training methods to ensure understanding
- Be proactive in designing courses to keep up to date with trends in the market
- Be patient and able to remain calm under pressure
- Be approachable with an engaging personality
Working under the guidance of Hywel Jones, Executive Head Chef, you will be responsible for ensuring the school is presented to a high standard at all times and the courses are delivered in a professional manner exceeding guest’s expectations. The Cookery School has been equipped with the state of the art appliances and designed by renowned kitchen designer Stephen Graver.
We are offering a full time position with a competitive salary relevant to experience. If you fulfil the above criteria and would like to join Lucknam Park team please forward a copy of your current CV with a covering letter detailing what skills you can bring to the role.
THE BENEFITS OF WORKING AT LUCKNAM PARK HOTEL & SPA!
- Free meals whilst on duty
- Free car parking
- Discounts on facilities and products including cookery school, equestrian centre, spa treatments and retail, dining at the property
- Preferential room rates for you and your family at Lucknam Park and other Relais and Chateaux hotels
- Complimentary room nights for length of service
- Long service awards
- Full training, development and promotional possibilities
- 28 days holiday, with additional holiday days for length of service
Lucknam Park is unspoilt, country house living at its very best and one of England’s finest 5 star luxury Country House Hotels. We offer fine dining in The Park restaurant or a more relaxed meal in The Brasserie. We have extensive leisure facilities in our Spa and Equestrian Centre plus 500 acres of stunning parkland. Lucknam Park is a proud member of Relais & Châteaux and has been awarded a Michelin Star, AA 5 Red Stars and Visit Britain Gold Award.
To find out more about Lucknam Park Hotel & Spa and the Cookery School please take a look at our website – www.lucknampark.co.uk