Located on the shores of South Bank, the luxury London Marriott Hotel County Hall offers traditionally elegant accommodations with breathtaking views overlooking Big Ben and the River Thames. The envy of many historic hotels in London, the Marriott has been restored to showcase its beautiful architecture, from the towering bronze doors to the polished marbled floors.
Commis Chef Job Description:
To assist the kitchen Manager in the day-to-day preparation, production and service of food items whilst undergoing structured training.
To maintain and improve standards of hygiene within the constraints of company legislative policy.
- No experience necessary. A passion for cooking is preferred.
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Pro-active and reliable
- Able to work alone and within a team
- Physical fitness (job involves pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, upward reaching, prolonged periods of standing and/or walking)
- Flexible to work any shift including weekends, bank holidays and nights on occasions
Education or Certification
- Minimum GCSE or equivalent
- Good level of English essential
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- To arrive for duty at the correct time wearing the correct uniform, maintaining complete personal hygiene and neat appearance at all times
- To assist the department in achieving hygiene assessment standards by adhering to hygiene schedules in place
- To ensure that all food produced is to standard specification and the standard laid down as shown in your training
- To carry out other duties within the general scope and purpose of the job as designated by the Executive Head Chef
- To know and adhere to the fire/evacuation regulations of the hotel and kitchen department
- To ensure all health and safety and security policies and procedures are adhered to
- To attend “in house” training and staff meetings as required