“Chipsy is a fast-casual grab and go high street food brand, in an exciting emerging market based around a key single ingredient, ‘The Chip’. Our USP is developed around the Best of British meals served on top of the finest double fried chips, meals such as Butter Chicken, Peking Duck, Battered Fish and Mushy Peas
In addition to this, we also serve our chips solo with a choice of the most amazing homemade dips, and tasty sprinkles. We are a fun brand serving fantastic premium meals and chips in an upbeat environment. Our customers will see the creative theatre of their meals being constructed in front of them, as they work their way down the open kitchen counter. The Chipsy team are passionate individuals with big personalities, but most importantly they love service excellence delivered in our own unique, upbeat and vibrant style.
- Overseeing the daily running of the production kitchen.
- Supervise teams to ensure the range is consistently produced to an excellent standard of quality and visual presentation.
- Assist in implementing the necessary training of the team and onboarding new staff.
- Maintaining the highest of standards at all times in line with our SOP’s – (Standard Operating Procedures)
- Managing procurement, and with careful consideration to volumes required.
- Manage and control all inventories to include all OS&E (operating supplies and equipment) ie. cleaning products, packaging, light kitchen equipment etc
- Liaise with management and suppliers on any issues with regards to quality issues/stock/deliveries.
- Liaise with delivery providers/third parties to ensure efficiencies and maintain quality throughout the delivery chain.
- Ensuring smooth and timely delivery of products from CPU to retail stores.
- Meeting production and delivery deadlines.
- Maximize operational efficiency of the production kitchen by minimizing wastage and labour costs in line with targets set.
- Assist with menu development.
- Ensure that all reasonable measures are taken to reach allocated brand targets with regards to gross profit margins and all other financial KPIs.
- Control and manage staff administration, to include rota’s, holiday forms, expenses forms, etc. (Shared responsibility with the Manager)
- Manage 3rd party contractors making sure we keep sound records and traceability of all works carried out on site.
- Hold daily meetings with your team, to ensure detailed communications are a regular occurrence, as well as to support the motivation and drive of the whole team.
- Continuously monitor and support the personal development of your Chipsy team members.
- Manage the maintenance of all equipment on site, and any
- contracts we may hold with 3rd parties
- Manage and maintain the highest level of cleanliness standards for the premises and the personal hygiene of the team too.
- Strictly adhere to our HACCP procedures and make sure all necessary paperwork is filled in and up to date.
- Our customers mean the world to us, so we expect the manager to influence the behaviour of the team, that brings out the best in the them.
Skills & Competency
- Experience in the personality department is key!
- Minimum of two years experience in a kitchen management role, preferably within a CPU but candidates with a contract catering background will be considered.
- Positive, Happy and Hard Working – Yes these are skills!
- Any applicants must have a CV that reflects longevity with previous employers.
- You must have excellent financial, operational and managerial acumen.
- Health & Safety level 2 and intermediate Basic Food Hygiene preferred
Qualifications and Requirements for
- English as a first or second language (spoken, written and reading)
- Well groomed and presentable
- Discretion and loyalty
- The ability to multi-task
- Excellent timekeeping
- Flexible working hours (incl. working on bank holidays)
- Any necessary working permits