CHEF DE PARTIE
THE PIG ON THE BEACH
Nr POOLE, DORSET
THE PIG – on the beach is looking for a highly organised, creative and reliable Chef de Partie who is passionate about producing simple modern British garden food using seasonal and sustainable ingredients, all sourced within 25 miles.
A Chef de Partie role at THE PIG – on the beach is like no other, you will be working with a menu that is influence by the kitchen garden and the coast and can change by the minute.
Passion is the key to our success, so we want you to be enthusiastic about our food, our animals, the kitchen garden, foraging, and everything you do!
We require our Chef de Parties to:
- Manage and train the Demi-Chef de Parties or Commis working on the section with you
- Prepare and cook dishes for the section
- Assist the senior Chefs to come up with new dishes
- Ensure that portion size is controlled
- Maintain high standards in all aspects of your role
- Bring fresh ideas
- Be confident when delegating
- Be willing to learn and progress
- Working 4 days on 3 days off
As a member of the kitchen team, the learning and development opportunities are endless. You will experience:
- Butchery, charcuterie, fish, pasta and bread masterclasses
- Foraging with local experts
- Weekly kitchen garden tours and harvesting workshops
- An environment with livestock such as pigs, chickens, sheep, quail and bees.
- Visits to local suppliers
- Regular tasting of new dishes and ingredients
- Health & Safety courses
Successful candidates can look forward to:
- A competitive salary
- Free meals on duty
- Free uniform
- Discounted Room Nights
- 28 days holiday (increasing with length of service)
- Discounts at Food and Beverage outlets
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Cycle to Work Programme
- A range of training and development opportunities
- Fantastic career prospects as we aim to home grow our Supervisors and Managers of the future
Where are we?
Just 9 miles from Poole (via the chain ferry) and 4 miles from the town of Swanage this property is in the perfect location to appreciate the stunning views and unspoiled beaches while still having access to those creature comforts….
Our award-winning hotel is searching for a team dedicated to breaking the mould. At Home Grown Hotels we share success together, help each other and respect everyone’s position.
So if you like what you have read, and are ready for a new challenge, then please get in touch and send your CV.