Two AA rosette The Chequers in Bath is looking to recruit a Chef de partie to join our creative and ambitious kitchen.
The successful candidate will be passionate about food, ambitious to progress their career and be an enthusiastic team member.
You’ll be working with high quality regional produce and suppliers and need to be able to help deliver menus that take advantage of this. Our restaurant and kitchen are both busy, so you’ll also need to be able to handle large numbers and busy services.
The Chequers is owned by The Bath Pub Company, an independent company operating 4 premium gastropubs in Bath. Our pubs are all about great food, fantastic service and a friendly pub atmosphere.
We’re also passionate about building a great company that people love to work for and plan to add new pubs to our group in time. We look to promote internally wherever possible so there’s plenty of opportunities for future progression. Our staff development policy is to help all our staff realise their potential – and we actively seek opportunities for them to do so.
Tasks and responsibilities:
• Ensure that all dishes are prepared and presented in accordance with the Head Chef’s directions.
• Assist with the development of an inspiring menu by bringing ideas to the kitchen for possible new dishes.
• Help develop junior members of staff by leading by example in all aspects of running service and the kitchen
• Minimise wastage through proper stock control and menu development
• Develop a working knowledge of the menu and specials, keeping abreast of daily changes made
• Ensure that you manage your section to a high standard
• Develop an understanding of how all EHO documentation is correctly collated and recorded, and that all EHO documentation is correctly recorded and collated
• Check all incoming deliveries to verify correct items are delivered.
Skills and experience:
• Strong time management – work effectively within given time frame to finish tasks set
• A strong team ethic
• Able to embrace change as dictated by customer & business needs.
• Demonstrate high standards of professionalism & passion.
Salary & benefits:
Annual salary of £18,000 to £20,000 (depending on experience) plus tips (circa £6,000 per annum).
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org