Babington House (part of the Soho House Group) are recruiting for a Chef de Partie…
At Soho House we believe that our Houses are only as good as the people who work in them. Soho House is a group of private members’ clubs, restaurants, hotels and spa. Each site is outwardly different from the other, having its own unique style and atmosphere.
Set in 18 acres in the heart of Somerset, Babington House opened in 1998 for those seeking a countryside retreat with all the comforts of city life. It is just a two hour drive from London or an hour and 20 minutes by train to Bath Spa.
At Babington, our menus change daily and are created using our farm to fork philosophy; using the best local suppliers and using fresh produce from our on-site walled garden.
Our Chefs have access to the Cookhouse training program; a monthly series of events and workshop trainings which are based around all things food – from visiting a local bee farm, to fishing trips, and a monthly “Chef’s Table” dinner www.cook-house.info
Other facilities at Babington House include the Cowshed Relax spa, indoor and outdoor heated pools, a gym, steam room, aroma room and a Cinema. The grounds have tennis courts, a cricket pitch, croquet lawn, walled garden, private church and a lake.
Salary: £16k – £20k dependant on experience. Own transport essential due to location of property.
Chef de Partie Key Responsibilities:
- Maintain all steps in the Customer Service cycle
- Ensuring all mis en place is completed before service
- Work to a timely and efficient manner
- Maintain a professional attitude at all times, we operate with open kitchens
- Ensure the guest has an enjoyable experience
- All customer requests are catered
- Work closely and train junior chefs in the brigade
- All health and safety regulations are met
Chef de Partie Key Skills:
- Good command of English
- Team player who communicates well with all colleagues
- Punctual, reliable and trustworthy
- Sense of urgency
- Yes, yes, yes mentality
- Have a genuine passion for food
- Experience essential
Company benefits include all over time paid, 28 days holiday, meals on duty and company discounts.
Please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org