We are currently looking for a Head Chef for this prestigious 3 AA rosette kitchen, who will manage the kitchen and drive the business forward, with the support of the Regional Executive Chef.
One of the most elegant country house hotels in the Cotswolds, Buckland Manor is set in ten acres of stunning grounds. With 4 AA red stars, 3 AA rosettes, and a member of Relais & Châteaux, Buckland Manor offers employees the opportunity to work within a traditional, yet friendly English country house hotel.
– Be a hands on Head Chef who is in service with their team
– Be strong leader who can motivate the team
– Recruit and develop a cohesive kitchen team that show passion and commitment
– Have a strong financial understanding of the department
– Have previous experience with stock control, purchasing and GP margins
– Be committed to training the team and promoting a learning culture
– Possess strong management skills, actively promoting strong working relationships between the kitchen and front of house teams
– Have previous experience within a similar style property as a Head Chef or an experienced Sous Chef
– Have the experience and capability of cooking to at least 3 rosette level
The hotel can offer on-site staff accommodation (and a warm welcome from our house dog Oscar!) in order to help the newest members of the team settle into life at the hotel and local area.
WE WANT WORK TO BE A PLEASURE
We’re a people business — our success relies on the skills and happiness of every one of our team. That’s why we invest in your training and development and promote from within. We depend on your personality and enthusiasm for hospitality… and we offer all sorts in return. We must be doing things right — we were recently awarded AA Hotel Group of the Year.
We can offer careers across our collection of hotels … or just a great place to work locally. For some senior roles, we may look for relevant experience, but for other jobs we just want the right character and attitude — we’ll teach you the rest.
Our team are entitled to tasty discounts on food and drink, as well as preferential rates at our hotels for themselves, friends and family. They can also take advantage of High Street discounts via our bespoke employee shopping website, as well as childcare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme, and various other performance-related perks.
Our Employee Assistance Programme is on hand to provide personal help and support if and when it’s needed.