Based in Lowestoft, Suffolk, Applied Design and Engineering (Adande) was founded by Ian Wood and George Young as an HVAC engineering consultancy specialising in industrial ventilation, refrigeration and air conditioning for the offshore oil, gas and petrochemical industries.
The Adande Refrigerated Drawer system was the brainchild of the two consulting design engineers who were frequently asked by chefs working on North Sea oil & gas rigs to provide fridges and freezers that would hold temperature. With staff on the rigs being fed day and night, the fridge & freezer doors were in constant use. With chefs working 24/7, the problem of cold air falling out on each door opening was leading to food spoiling and being thrown out – a very expensive hobby for any caterer!
REGIONAL SALES MANAGER – LONDON/SOUTH EAST
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- Fully responsible for all Adande business that is within a geographically defined territory.
- Maintain & develop all existing accounts within the territory.
- Actively seek out and develop new customers for Adande within defined territory.
- Responsible for all supplier liaison regarding our products
POSITION IN ORGANISATION
- Report to Sales Director
- Development of new customers and Dealers within territory to achieve an agreed new business target.
- Ensure that all existing customers receive the back up and support that they require. Plus keep them up to date with all new company developments and initiatives.
- Achievement of sales targets at agreed margins.
- Respond to all customer queries and potential leads within 24 hours, plus maintain daily contact with the office via the telephone.
- Ensure customers are aware of and adhere to Adande payment terms.
Order Process – Oversee the ordering process from capture right through to post-installation training. Responsible for keeping all relevant parties advised of customer requirements and also of any changes to plans.
- Responsible for all aspects of supplier liaison and product management
- Fully conversant with complete range of products supplied by Adande
- Create and update ongoing ‘territory business plan’.
- Create and monitor performance against a Product ‘sales and marketing plan’.
- Produce monthly report showing territory performance.
- Weekly planner and report to be produced for the Sales Director
- Attend Business meetings as required.
- Proven selling skills. Three years proven track record in a sales role. Should be aware of fundamental processes and skills, such as :
- Steps of the call
- Features and Benefits of the product
- Overcoming objections.
- Should include examples of formal training undertaken.
- Enthusiasm, drive and energy. Hard working and committed to achieving results.
- Creativity & initiative. Able to create bespoke customer solutions from within current portfolio.
- Planning & organising. Thorough, well organised and competent with administration.
- Interpersonal skills. Good team player capable of achieving results through support departments.
- Customer focussed. Should be aware of the importance of each individual customer.
- Needs to have good written and verbal skills.
- Competent P.C skills. Comfortable with laptop and familiar with Microsoft Office (e.g. Outlook, Word and Excel) or similar.
- Must have worked in a direct business to business selling environment for at least 3 years.
- Has been involved with ‘cold calling’ and prospecting and can produce a portfolio whereby these have successfully been converted into new customers
- Ideally operated within a business to business role & Dealer networking
- Some form of first knowledge of working in the foodservice or catering industry.
- Would benefit from having sold into a Dealer market place
- Has sold capitol equipment or high average sale cost items.
- Has sold catering equipment to the foodservice trade.
- Development potential. Role would suit a career minded individual with aspirations to move to a bigger role but a more mature individual with the desire to learn new ideas and ways of working within his/her own level of capability would also be considered.
- Must be able to work the hours required to achieve business goals.
- Would need to be fully mobile and will probably have to stay away from home one night per week on average.