W hotels attract top notch, high energy talent from across the world.
What does this mean? You must be on top of your game offering 5* service, in line with all things fashionable, and have a strong passion for the W brand inside and out. This is your opportunity to make an entrance at W London as our next Chef de Partie.
W hotels not only attract travellers looking for adventure and style, they attract talent from across the globe. Our associates amplify our brand to guests by delivering what they need, when they need it. And we make sure you receive world-class training, career development and fabulous perks in return. From bustling cities to exotic retreats, thrilling career experiences begin at W.
Step into the heart of London and experience the electrifying side of the city with its glamorous movie premiers and Soho’s thrilling nightlife just on the door step of W London Leicester Square.
What can you benefit from whilst working at W London?
At W London we do not only offer a world class hospitality experience to our Talent, but we will also make sure our Talent will have the same experiences. As a Talent member of W London you will enjoy meals on duty, working in an international atmosphere, well-being sessions including back massage and chiropodist treatments, dental/optical benefits and endless learning and development opportunities. On top of those we also extend discounted hotel rates across the globe allowing you and your family to experience our other Starwood properties for yourself.
To find out more about the W London, please have a look at our website www.wlondon.co.uk
Stay in touch with us by joining our Social Community; we are on Facebook and Twitter. www.facebook.com/starwoodlondoncareers & @StarwoodLonJobs
Statement of Purpose
As the right hand of the Sous Chef, the Chef de Partie must implement company standards while following all directives of the Sous Chef and Executive Sous Chef. The Chef de Partie is responsible for overseeing the preparation of all food items in the kitchen according to the recipes and standards set by the chef.The Chef de Partie must possess good management skills and lead by example at all times.
- Follows all recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the restaurant.
- Coordinates the delivery of all foods within preset time standards.
- Demonstrates product standards and recipe knowledge daily and must be able to work all stations in the kitchen if and when necessary for all meal periods.
- Must be able to expedite kitchen service for all meal periods.
- Sets up, maintains side work, and/or closes station for scheduled shift (e.g., checks and/or breaks down and cleans equipment, preps all appropriate food items, stocks all food items and smallwares, dates food items and stores according to first in first out rotation method, etc.).
- Oversees, prepares and/or plates station food items according to specifications and preset time limits.
- Properly uses personal protective equipment (e.g. glove, oven mitt, apron, etc.)
- Maintains a clean, neat, well-groomed appearance.
- Communicates any product run outs, equipment issues, and quality or service problems to the Sous Chef immediately.
- Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of kitchen, coolers, and all storage areas.
- Exerting up to 50 lbs of force occasionally, and/or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move object.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team. Must possess a high level of maturity, dependability, and punctuality.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule based on business needs, including but not limited to holidays, and weekends.
- Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by the Sous Chef and Executive Sous Chef at any time.
Displays a pleasant and cheerful disposition. Is a leader and is able to motivate staff members. Must maintain a high level of integrity. Is able to adapt in difficult situations, solve problems and make decisions when necessary. Shows an eagerness and capacity to learn. Can be relied upon to complete tasks.Must possess the ability to communicate via written and oral communication with the culinary team.
Education and Experience
- Fluent English speaker
- Valid Food Safety certification, Food Handler’s Permit is necessary
- Knowledge and experience of all food stations
- Ability to stand during an entire shift