More than a Boutique Hotel, The PIG is really a restaurant with rooms, with an obsessive commitment to garden food.
Set deep in the heart of The New Forest National park with 14 acres of estate. We pride ourselves on home-grown produce- picked daily by the chefs and garden team from our walled kitchen garden, and what we can’t grow ourselves, we source from local suppliers within 25 miles. Our menu is all about The Best of British – creating classics with a twist.
The PIG boasts fruit cages, a smoke house (smoking meats and fish) , crayfish pond, salad and tomato tunnels, livestock (pigs, chickens, quail), & an experimental greenhouse so our menu can change by the minute depending upon what the forager turns up with or what the kitchen gardener deems to be in perfect condition.
Clarity of flavour, true to the micro seasons and influenced by the forest are the drivers of The Pig food style.
- Awarded with two Rosettes and a strawberry for our locally sourced menu by AA and are Michellin guide recommended
- Winner of Sustainable Resaurant of The Year 2012
- Voted Independent Hotel of the Year by the Caterer & Hotelkeeper’s prestigious Catey Awards
Who are we looking for?
Home Grown Hotels is looking for – an Enthusiastic, talented Sous Chef – For The Pig Hotel, Brockenhurst to join the team at one of the most exciting and rapidly growing hotel and restaurant groups in the UK.
- Previous experience of working as a Sous Chef, to a 2 Rosette level is preferable, with a knowledge of the classics and a passion for honest, local produce is a must.
- As the Sous Chef you will be responsible for running the kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef.
- Help manage food cost, & maintain standards of health & Safety in the kitchen.
- Have input towards the menu development &implementing new dishes.
- Support junior team member’s progression.
What do we offer our Sous Chefs?
Successful candidates can look forward to:
- Competitive salary
- Free meals on duty
- Jackets and Chefs shoes provided
- Access to a range of Lifestyle benefits
- Discounted Room Nights
- Discounts at Food and Beverage outlets
- Range of training and development opportunities
- Fantastic career prospects as we aim to home grow our Head Chefs of the future
So if you are as passionate about food as we are then we would be love to hear from you!
Please email us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We do have other positions available, check out our website: www.thepighotel.com