The Hare & Hounds is a stunning high volume gastro pub just one mile from the centre of Bath is looking for a talented chef de parties to join its kitchen.
Working alongside the Head and Sous Chef, the successful candidate will be passionate about food, ambitious to progress their career and be an enthusiastic team member.
You’ll be working with high quality regional produce and suppliers and need to be able to help deliver menus that take advantage of this. Our restaurants and kitchens are busy, so you’ll also need to be able to handle large numbers and busy services.
The Bath Pub Company is a small but growing independent company operating 3 award winning gastropubs in Bath. Our pubs are all about great food, fantastic service and a friendly pub atmosphere. We aim to run great pubs that people love to visit, and build a company that people love to work for. We intend to add new pubs to our group in time, and we look to promote internally wherever possible so opportunities will be available in the future for progression.
In our small group, we have awards for Best Gastropub, two 2AA rosette and one 1 AA rosette ratings, a mention in this year’s Michelin guide, a ranking of 38th best Gastropub in the UK (Morning Advertiser 2013), 3rd best Gastropub in the UK (Tripadvisor 2012).
Tasks and responsibilities:
• Ensure the smooth running of all aspects of the kitchen operation whenever the Head Chef is absent.
• Ensure that all dishes are prepared and presented in accordance with the Head Chef’s directions.
• Assist with the development of an inspiring menu by bringing ideas to the kitchen for possible new dishes.
• Help develop junior members of staff by leading by example in all aspects of running service and the kitchen
• Minimise wastage through proper stock control and menu development
• Develop a working knowledge of the menu and specials, keeping abreast of daily changes made
• Ensure that you manage your section to a high standard
• Develop an understanding of how all EHO documentation is correctly collated and recorded, and that all EHO documentation is correctly recorded and collated
• Check all incoming deliveries to verify correct items are delivered.
Skills and experience:
• Strong time management – work effectively within given time frame to finish tasks set
• A strong team ethic
• Able to embrace change as dictated by customer & business needs.
• Demonstrate high standards of professionalism & passion.
Salary & benefits:
Total annual salary of c£21/22,000 (comprising £16/17,000 salary plus tips c£5k)
Staff Discounts Package
Opportunities to complete further NVQ Training available
28 Days Holiday
On the job coaching and mentoring
Please email your CV to Darren Hales: email@example.com to be considered.