We are connected to nature.
Our restaurant, bar and kitchen focus on ingredients from the fields, forests, orchards, lakes & seas that surround our walled garden.
We shun industrially produced ingredients and rely on age old methods of preservation & fermentation to produce live and nutritious food and drink often from within metres of the walls.
Lead by the seasons.
Tied to nature.
We are recruiting a talented Head Chef with the following skills:
- Exceptional knowledge and experience working with the British seasons and cooking English produce
- Prior experience in management from a well respected food establishment (either sous or head-chef level)
- Able to thoroughly motivate, inspire and lead a team
- Self motivated and driven
- Ensure the consistency of food across the kitchen, even in their absence, through efficient systems and training
- Able to work to set GPs, wastage and staffing budgets
- A thorough knowledge of the safe handling of food, food safety management systems, HSE systems, EHO compliance etc and to train staff and implement and monitor these systems rigorously
- Proficient in recruiting and training junior and senior members of staff
- Able to work with the limitations set out by the ethos of The Ethicurean (seasonal, British, wild, preserved, nutritional etc, to name but a few)
- Able to create regularly changing dishes, based on the produce available to us in the garden
- Confident in meeting clients enquiring about weddings and private hire, and designing bespoke menus to their brief
- Unique ideas on how to improve on the efficient day to day running of the business
- Understand and be able to work with seasonal demands of the business (busy summers etc)
- Able to provide excellent references and a stable work history
- Extremely competitive salary + tips.
- 28 days paid holiday per year.
- 3 days off per week, varying week to week.
- Occasional weekends off, depending on ability of kitchen team beneath you (owner’s discretion).
- Access to the freshest, most delicious produce, delivered daily from the garden.
- Introduced to and cook some incredible heirloom & heritage varieties of produce.
- Request specific ingredients to be grown, if they are not already being grown.
- Learn the art of fermentation from Matthew & Iain.
- Pick your own garnish from the garden before every service.
Photography by Jason Ingram