Sous Chef Required
Paschoe House is a luxury family run country house hotel, restaurant and events venue in the heart of Devon. Offering the very best of Devon’s produce, the Head Chef and his team are producing exquisite food that the area can be really proud of.
Offering regular changing tasting menus, Paschoe House is recruiting for a Sous Chef to join our newly formed kitchen brigade and work closely with the Head Chef to create high quality creative dishes.
- Ensuring all menus are costed accurately, working within the correct gross profit perimeters of 70-75%.
- As Sous Chef, running the kitchen when the head chef is absent.
- Working closely with the brigade to ensure high standards are met at all times.
- Managing food purchasing/GP/reducing wastage and correct storage of perishables
- Maintaining a safe and hygienic kitchen environment
- Helping create new recipes and write menus
- Training other staff members
- Ensuring dietary requirements are catered for
- Monthly stock checks
- Take an active part in the monthly menu training with FoH staff
- Assisting the head with appraisals
- Ensuring the company’s Health & Safety policy is fully promoted and arrangements have been made to carry out the policy
- Arrange COSHH training for all new members of the kitchen brigade
- Attending weekly or monthly meetings in the absence of the head chef
- Ensuring any complaints are passed on to the general manager
- Ensuring security is adhered to at all times
- A proven working knowledge of English and continental cooking Experience in a high-level kitchen
- A flair with ingredients and enthusiasm for cooking with fresh quality ingredients
- Strong leadership skills to motivate your brigade of chefs
- Good interpersonal skills with both kitchen, front of house staff and management
- Willing to work flexible hours as regular weekend, bank holiday and evening work is required
- Holiday: 28 days (incl. bank holidays)
- Bonuses: % share of service charge quarterly
- Meals on shift
Senior Chef de Partie’s looking for further responsibilities will be considered. The interview process will involve a trial day.