The Nut Tree is an independently owned pub and restaurant in Worle, on the outskirts of Weston-super-mare. The owners have undertaken a complete renovation of the building and grounds which retains the character and heritage of this much-loved venue in keeping with the only thatched cottage in Worle.
Priding themselves on using as much locally grown and farmed produce as possible, the landlords source the wines from Bath, fresh fish from Brixham, trusted British meat from Weston and harvested fruit and vegetables from Somerset. Making as much as possible in the newly renovated kitchens, from the pies and the burgers to the chutneys and the pickles.
The Nut Tree is currently recruiting a Sous Chef with experience in a busy pub/gastro pub kitchen, with the ability to adapt and bring new ideas to the table.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Develop new menu options with our Head Chef/Co-Owner to meet customer demand and seasonal changes
- Ensure the kitchen operates in a timely manner
- Monitor and record stock levels
- Support junior kitchen staff
- Working on food preparation, cook line and plating
- Adhere to food safety regulations
- Oversee the kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef
This role will include evenings and weekends, with salary dependant on experience.