Due to rapid expansion Somerset Larder are keen to hear from Chefs at all levels for immediate starts, to work across our business areas which include Central Production Kitchen, Hinkley Point C kitchens x5, accommodation campuses with total 1500 beds.
This is fresh food operation using the local supply chain
Full time (39 hours per week) on a variable shift pattern
£28,468 per annum (rising to £29,688 upon successful probation completion) plus enhancements and paid overtime
Salary and Benefits
Benefits: Bike to work scheme, Company pension, Discounted or free food, Life insurance, On-site parking, Sick pay
We are looking for experienced Chefs to join the Somerset Larder team at our Central Production Kitchen in North Petherton. Successful candidates will share our passion and commitment to provide exceptional local food and drink for the Hinkley Point C Project and other clients in the local area. Not only can you take advantage of some excellent benefits, you will also receive extensive training and learn new skills, working in a modern, safe and positive environment.
Full time (39 hours per week) on variable shifts (currently 05.00 – 13.00 and 13.00 – 21.30)
- Carry out all on site catering activities under the direction of the Head Chef / Catering Operations Manager / Site Supervisors.
- Ensure all food service provision is carried out in accordance with all aspects of the Somerset Larder Food Safety & Quality Management System and any relevant legal requirements.
- To ensure all food is produced on time to the required quality standards.
- To prepare & serve food at additional functions as required by key customers.
- To ensure the all kitchen facilities and all equipment is cleaned in accordance with the prescribed method and to the correct schedule.
- To assist the Head Chef / Catering Operations Manager / Site Supervisors in planning menu’s and food provision in the most efficient manner, taking into account any equipment, cross contamination or allergen constraints, to meet customer orders.
- To ensure catering provision is carried out cost effectively with product rejects and waste within agreed limits.
- To be involved in the development and implementation of new products, packaging, methods and equipment as required by Somerset Larder.
- To organise and/or carry out production staff training
- To ensure all work is carried out in accordance to the relevant H&S legislation and Codes of Practice, together with any specific on-site requirements of key customers.
- To organise the ordering of raw materials, packaging, consumables and cleaning chemicals as and when required.
- To ensure incoming raw materials and packaging is delivered in accordance with specifications and is stored in the correct areas of the site.
- To advise relevant managers of planned maintenance required or carried out and any repairs following unplanned breakdowns.
- To ensure all quality records are completed accurately and on time.
- To ensure all traceability requirements are fully complied with.
- Following the receipt of any customer complaints, assist in investigation of the cause and recommend/implement appropriate corrective action. Trend analysis of customer complaints should be carried out in conjunction with Head Chef / Catering Operations Manager / Site Supervisors.
- Carry out specific food service tasks as required.
- Assist the Head Chef / Catering Operations Manager / Site Supervisors in the preparation of the relevant aspects of the company budget.
- Carry out projects or other tasks as requested by the Head Chef / Catering Operations Manager / Site Supervisors.
- Team player
- Excellent communication
- “Can do ”attitude
- Able to commit to a variety of shift patterns
- Self-motivated and practical
- Embraces and complies with the Zero Harm culture
- City & Guilds 706/1 & 2, NVQ Level 2 or Commis Chef Level 2.
- Level 2 Food Safety Qualification
- Level 2 H & S Qualification
- Basic COSHH