‘Food is an enormous part of what we do at Scott Dunn…’
Scott Dunn are recruiting for private chefs for the upcoming winter season. Our chefs are an important part of our service by creating their own tasty tailor-made menu’s in their own kitchens offering a chance to delight guests and develop their own culinary careers in a luxury setting.
In your spare time you will be skiing in some of the most beautiful, challenging and varied terrain in the world and enjoying the local delicacies and culture. We will provide you with a full area lift pass and your ski equipment so that you can really get the most from your time in the mountains.
If you are looking for a job that pushes you to be your very best, that enables you to live in the mountains and to work alongside some of the best professionals in the industry, then this is the position for you.
- Look after our guests to the highest standard possible and ensure they benefit from the Scott Dunn service in chalets of up to 14 guests
- Phone guests prior to arrival in order to discuss the menu plan and dietary requirements
- Create and plan weekly tailor made menus in conjunction with your particular guests’ tastes, dietary requirements and local ingredients – creativity and flexibility is a must!
- Prepare full continental and cooked breakfast as well as dishes from the specials menu
- Bake a fresh cake and biscuits for afternoon tea
- Provide children’s dinner
- Create canapés and a four or five course evening meal with cheese (six days per week)
- Maintain weekly budgets and ensure all accounts are submitted in an efficient and timely manner
- Complete all paperwork for the Scott Dunn hygiene policy on a daily basis
- Ensure that your chalet kitchen is always clean and tidy
- Abilities and expectations
- An attitude whereby ‘nothing is too much trouble’
- Able to plan, cook and produce meals to a high standard
- Excellent guest relations and interpersonal skills
- Good self-motivation
- Organised, highly flexible and pro-active
- Excellent time keeping and reliability
- Forward thinking and planning
- Ability to remain calm, patient, diplomatic and tactful under pressure
- Problem solving and adapting in the kitchen
- Impeccable personal presentation
- Recognised catering qualification such as NVQ or City & Guilds Chef Qualification, Cooking School Certificate or extensive experience in a professional kitchen
- Minimum of 1 year working experience with a qualification or 2 years without a qualification
- Work experience of Michelin starred establishments, functions, corporate hospitality, yachts, previous ski seasons or luxury travel companies
- A full UK/EU driving licence (desirable)
Please note – a cook test assessment in London will form part of the recruitment process.
We currently have positions in France (Courchevel, Val d’Isere) and Austria (St. Anton)
Duration of working season: November 2016 until end of April 2