Award winning McBaile Exclusive Catering & Events www.mcbaile.com is a young, dynamic and motivated fresh food and private events company committed to delivering the highest quality of private and corporate event catering in the South West of England and Wales. We operate from the five star holiday resort Lower Mill Estate.
We are currently recruiting for a Head chef to join our team for an exciting and diverse role leading the outside catering and private dining business.
This role provides an excellent opportunity for a creative and passionate chef professional to lead a team to deliver exceptional outside catering events as well as be a part of the wider restaurant and private dining team. The successful applicant will take charge of the kitchen on our events and be responsible for delivering the best possible event catering and restaurant food. The position will be based at our Ballihoo Restaurant site, Lower Mill Estate, Somerford Keynes, near Cirencester. They will be working alongside our Executive chef and restaurant team. While there are light admin duties required, this is very much a hands on role and the opportunity to showcase your unique talents for food delivery rather than getting bogged down with paperwork…
Our events are incredibly diverse, from large scale multi day events for blue chip companies, to wedding receptions to private dining for small numbers in private homes. In the region of 95% of food produced is freshly made in house and then transported to event site for finishing by our events team to provide an exceptional level of quality and freshness.
What can we offer you?
- Access to top level events to showcase your cooking and presentation skills
- Competitive salary- £28-30k dependent on experience + tips
- 5 days a week over 7 day rota
- A creative, dedicated and successful team who love food and hospitality and respect your talents and skill
- Excellent facilities and equipment in a nearly new kitchen
- Access to training, continual development and chance for progression through different areas of our business
- A true passion for and strong experience in food and hospitality.
- A positive and upbeat personality with a “nothing is too much trouble” attitude. Flexibility and adaptability to changing situations is vital in this role.
- A passion for delivering an exceptional customer experience and an ability to relate to and get on with a wide range of personalities- this is very much a customer facing role!
- Solid experience in high quality establishments, whether restaurants, hotels or private catering, experience in event catering specifically may be beneficial but not essential. A knowledge and experience of a wide range of cuisines and food styles would be an advantage.
- Strong organisational, analytical and problem solving skills to bring order to an often chaotic and constantly changing business and industry. A competent level of numeracy and literacy are key requirements for this role.
- An ability to stay calm under pressure and deliver on often tight deadlines and budgetary constraints.
- A great personality with strong communication skills that is reliable, communicative and articulate.
- Attention to detail and an attitude of constantly striving to improve and succeed, whether that is on standards, efficiencies or personally.
- The ability to work alone but for the most of the time be an effective leader of a team of chefs, kitchen porters and FOH staff.
- Flexibility and an attitude conducive to continual improvement and learning are key requirements of any candidate.
To apply please email CV and follow up with phone call to Rod McCormick, Operations Director.