Holm is the fourth restaurant from the team behind successful London restaurants, Salon, Levan and Larry’s.
Holm is inspired by nature and our surroundings in the beautiful South West of England. We are driven by provenance, sustainability and warm hospitality. Our aim is serve delicious food and drink in a casual yet refined environment.
The Head Chef’s role at Holm is of paramount importance; to run the kitchen day to day, meet GP targets, liaise with the Management team, lead their team, oversee quality control, motivate their colleagues and fulfil the vision of the Directors whilst maintaining cost control and profits at all times.
Duties, Responsibilities and Requirements
- Fulfil the vision of the Chef Director with regards to the food we serve, the way we work with one another, and the way the business operates.
- Run the kitchen on a day to day basis.
- Maintain GP targets of minimum 75% overall.
- Maintain an exceptionally high standard of output from the kitchen at all times.
- Overall management of stock, storage and ordering.
- Maintaining a safe and hygienic kitchen environment.
- Create and develop new ideas, cooking techniques and dishes.
- Manage cost control and pricing to ensure all revenue and profit targets are met.
- Control departmental expenses including food costs and wages, in line with business plan.
- Maintain food GP targets of minimum 75% overall.
- Maintain kitchen staff costs at 32% overall.
- Manage all rotas, scheduling and staff resources.
- Manage holidays and annual leave to ensure the kitchen is always fully staffed.
- Manage all hiring of new staff, with the support of the General Manager and Chef Director.
- Manage disciplinary procedures, with the support of the Chef Director, General Manager and Operations Director.
- Develop the skills of other members of the kitchen team.
Food, Preparation and Service
- Be accountable for overall quality of all kitchen output.
- Cook and serve food of the highest quality at all times.
- Develop new ideas, techniques and processes, to be fed into the Group Executive Chef and Chef Director.
- Seek out new ingredients and flavour combinations.
- Maintain the highest levels of cleanliness and order in the kitchen.
- Work with the Chef Director to implement new dishes, ideas and menus in line with the company vision.
- Conduct weekly tastings with the Chef Director and monthly tastings with the Management and FoH team.
- Input ideas for new dishes on a weekly basis to the Chef Director.
- Cost out new dishes ensuring GP targets of minimum 75% are met.
- Write up and refine recipes for new dishes to be stored on the shared drive.
- Note: all dishes must be signed off by the Chef Director before they go on the menu.
Health and Safety
- Maintain an exceptionally hygienic work space at all times.
- Exceptional understanding of all Health & Safety legislation.
- Experience working with strict Health & Hygiene regimes.
- Full understanding of food controls.
- Keep up to date with current food trends.
- Lead other members of staff, through tutoring and knowledge share.
- Be self-motivated and full of initiative.
- Be a team player who works collaboratively with the Directors, the Group Executive Chef, Management team and all kitchen staff.
- Demonstrate desire to push the overall offering at Levan forward, not just in terms of food, but also drink, service and environment
Successful candidates will receive the following benefits:
- Highly competitive salaries
- Sensible hours, accommodating of family and personal commitments
- 28 days holiday per year, increasingly annually
- 50% staff discount across all of our restaurants
- Annual bonuses
- Cost price wine (plus VAT)
- Training and mentorship
- Regular team building events
- The support of a progressive, forward thinking organisation